CHAPTER 21 - PROMISE

ELIZ

I didn't mean to overhear Paulo's conversation with his groupmates, but it turns out it's true, he's already with Liv.
But what about Joy?
I knew her; Christine Joy was my friend,
but she passed away in an accident.
I was in the US when it happened, but it still saddened me. It's true,

I love Paulo, her boyfriend, but I kept it hidden out of respect for her as my friend.

When she died, I was there for Paulo; I flew back from the US just to be with him. But I discovered that he still wants Joy, even though I'm his girlfriend now.

He's my first,
so I was incredibly angry, and in my rage, I took one of his compositions and gave it to another group before leaving the Philippines.

I regret that decision, but at that time, all I felt was anger towards him for using me as a rebound.

"Mom, you remember Liv?"
Tanung ko kay Mommy when I get back from the event.

"Why? What about her?" Tanung nya sakin, she's doing her things sa laptop nya.

"Girlfriend na sya ni Paulo.. what the heck?. Bat lagi na lang may nauuna sakin kay Paulo.." I drink the wine in my glass, totoo. Galit ako, nung una si Joy, but now si Liv..

Kelan magiging ako, Paulo? Kelan?

"Una si Joy, now si Liv.. why it is so hard for Paulo to choose me.." I am so disappointed. Really..

"Then, get rid of her.." suggestion ni Mommy, I'm so glad she's not my real mom.

"I'm not that evil.."

"Then, you don't deserve the love that you want if you can't do anything for it."

"Tell me, how can I do that to Liv? I even don't know her." Pagtataray ko sa kanya. Di ko yun kaya gawin kay Joy, But Liv is not my friend. So wala akong dapat iconsider.

She approached me and gently stroked my hair,
"Then live it to me. There's no person without a dark secret in life.. Even the purest hearts bear their burdens, their hidden stains."

Di ko talaga sya gusto for Dad,
I know this woman is evil.

Pero this time.. maybe, I'll listen to her.

__________________________________________

PABLO

Many days had passed.
And I see improvement with Liv. Kahit papaano, mas ok na sya. We're having a performance today dito sa Cebu, kahit ayaw nya I brought her here.

"Pau. Dumistansya ka kay Liv ah. Alam mo na, mainit ang mata ng press. They're matching you with Eliz from the last travel natin sa US. Ayoko na ng panibagong press release, pleaseee.." drama ni Mima James.

"Dumagdag pa tong si Ken and Stell. Di pa din namamatay yung issue na kasamang babae ni Ken and Stell sa Vigan.." dagdag nya.

Being in this industry, lahat ng galaw mo alam ng public. But as much as possible, nililimit ko kung ano ang nalalalaman nila, I still want to have a private life with Liv.

"Liv, baba na tayo?" Aya ko sa kanya, we're in the same room dito sa villa, as I requested gusto ko sya makasama.

"Mauna kana, may need lang akong tapusin muna." Nakaharap pa din sya sa laptop nya doing some edits. Sya pa ba? E napaka workaholic neto, pero mas ok na to kesa lagi syang malungkot.

I hug her at the back ang kiss her on her right cheek.
"I'll bring you food."

"Thank you." Ngiti nya sa sakin, napangiti din ako. This smile of her na ayokong mawala, na lagi kong gusto makita.