Chapter 5

~Iris~

I scowled at Achilles, again, he has to have ADHD or something close to it. He flipped the pen in the air for the hundreth time until I snatched it and jammed it back into a drawer. He pouted when Blake and Ryan walked through the door, giving Achilles a confused glance. Achilles only smiled at them, he then proceeded to grab my pencil and start tapping it against the desk. I rolled my eyes, focusing on my Beta and Gamma.

"Is there an issue?" I asked, softly grabbing the papers they handed me.

I swallowed, now I know why they both gave me a grave look when I asked. Four deaths, three were warriors and one was a young girl. All because of rogues, those disgusting creatures. I placed the papers on my desk, running my hand through my hair. That young girl was only six, why would you murder a six year old? She hasn't even shifted yet, she probably has some training under her belt, but not enough to handle a full grown rogue. Where were her parents? I warned the whole pack to make sure their children or anyone who can't fight against a full grown rogue, to make sure they stay close.

"What are we going to do?" Ryan asked.

Achilles grabbed the papers and looked at them, shaking his head the whole time. He placed the papers down and looked at me.

"So, Alpha Iris, what are we going to do?" he questioned.

I bit my lip, "We're doubling up patrols, now it's four warriors together in a group. I want extra warriors surrounding the heart of the pack where the town and neighborhood is, that way they can catch anyone who goes into the fores alone. I don't want to see anymore deaths like that young girl's death. I don't want to even see a warriors' death. We're going to up the training, figure out new skills to use."

"Alright, sounds good." Blake sounded.

"We'll get on it." Ryan agreed.

Once they left I groaned and slammed my head onto the desk, my eyes closed. Achilles started to rub my back, not saying a word. I shifted towards him and leaned against his chest. Why are these rogues attacking like this?

"Are you okay?" he whispered.

I sighed, "I hate rogues."

"I know, everybody does. I could probably send over a few of my warriors if you'd like." he suggested, making me look at him.

I smiled, "Thank you, but no. I don't want you risking your pack."

"They're your pack too, even if they don't know it yet."

"Yes, but as their Luna, I don't want them dying because of these vile wolves." I said, hatred seeping into my voice. "They already killed my parents."

Pity crossed his features, but one look from me and he quickly masked it. He smiled and kissed me, "I'm just going to call you my strong Luna." he murmured.

I grinned, "And you're my ADHD Alpha."

"How did you know?" he teased.

I frowned, "Do you really have ADHD?"

"Yeah, one reason my mother hates me. I never left her alone when I was younger, but now when I do, she hates me for it. I swear, I can't keep up with her." he ranted.

I chuckled, "Oh, mothers and their confusing ways."

"She told me to call her Alpha and not mother when I was only ten. She changed after my father's death."

"How was he killed?"

"Hunters."

"Oh."

I frowned, noticing the look of sorrow in his eyes. I placed my hand on the side of his face, he leaned into it and closed his eyes. He seemed relaxed, the sight making me breathless. I studied his features, he's a really handsome guy. He's mysterious, dark, tall, and handsome, my dream guy. Funny thing is, I would have said that about Jason. I did, when we first met, but now he's an example of what I don't want in a man.

I'm just afraid of his dark side, the side that causes fear to crawl into everyone. I noted Blake and Ryan's frightened looks when they first saw him. He's not someone who screams out "Hello, I'm nice and love bunnies." No, he's more like a, "Look at me and I'll kill you" type of guy. Which makes me even more in love with him.

I don't even know if I can call it love, I'm definiately attracted to him. It's more like a deep crush that was blossom into love, I couldn't be happier with my second chance mate. Even so, that fear of him cheating on me and hating me slowly wrapped its arms around me. Making me want to run to my parents for comfort. I got choked up at the thought of my parents, I can no longer run to them for comfort. I mean, I tend to visit their graves and "talk" to them. It makes me feel better, as if I'm somewhat close to them again. Goddess do I miss them.

"You're crying." Achilles spoke, wiping a stray tear. "Why?"

I let out a breath, "Thinking of my parents."

He pulled me into a hug, pressing me against his chest. He ran his fingers through my hair and kissed my head. "I know it hurts, but they're probably watching over you. They're most likely proud of you, you're one hell of an Alpha."

I scoffed, "Right."

"It's true! A few weeks ago I had three of my warriors tell me that your warriors scare them, but you make them want to pee their pants. One of them was my Beta, Reese."

"Wait...were they Reese, Luca, and Jordan?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Oh, yeah, they crossed into my territory when they were hunting a deer. I ended up catching it in front of them and snapping its neck, while I was still in human form. I then threw it at them and ended up hitting them, causing them to fly back into your territory. Didn't mean to, I was PMSing."

He gaped at me, "I would have pissed my pants too."

"Probably out of laughter, watching a deer fly into your warriors and them fly back into your territory because of the force." I chuckled.

He grinned, "Most likely."

I sighed, "You're way better than Jason. Whenever I talked to him about Alpha duties or somethng with the pack, he always just quieted me down and asked for sex. Then, afterwards...he just got up and left. The mate-bond blinded me though, made me believe he would actually love me."

"Not everyone is meant to have a mate, he was clearly a mistake."

"A bad one."

Achilles frowned and kissed me on my lips, "Just know that I will always love you, no matter what."

"I know." I replied, my voice breathless.

We cuddled on my desk chair after that, going over pack stuff and helping each other out with Alpha issues. Achilles had Reese email him his papers, saying he wanted to spend time with me. He told only Reese about me being his second chance mate. His Beta ended up cheering on the other end, saying, "We have a kick ass Luna!"

I laughed, I have a feeling Reese and I are going to be close friends. Achilles said he has a feeling Reese is going to be that older brother type friend. Which will most likely happen; the good thing about Achilles is the fact he doesn't get jealous. He doesn't mind if I have guy friends, as long as they don't make a move on me. He does trust Reese though, especially since Reese has his own mate and now a child.

I kissed him on the jaw and then started kissing his neck, making a chuckle/moan escape his mouth. I smiled, loving the effect I have on him. Oh, how I'm going to enjoy messing with him.

Author's note: Oh, Iris is going to be such a pain. But ya know Achilles, he'll just play her at her own game XD