Chapter 32

I sighed in content as I laid by the pool, sipping on my tea and watching my sister dunk Henry multiple times. I then looked over to see Achilles and his step-father, Logan, sparring. I smiled, they actually hung out a few days ago at a club, since then they've been pals. Logan shows him his moves and Achilles shows him his, then they teach them to each other.

Melissa was currently baking inside, saying she thinks we need to have a little celebration dinner for Sadie. Tomorrow is Saturday and I'll be officially announcing her as Luna of our birth pack and Henry as Alpha. I told her and she was more than excited, but she was nervous as well, which I don't blame her for. Henry was a little frightened, but Achilles quickly assured him, telling him he'll be a great Alpha.

I looked up as Blake and Jennifer walked towards me, both smiling and talking. I grinned as Jennifer hugged me and took a seat.

"So, how's the baby?" she questioned, taking my tea.

I raised an eyebrow, "The baby is doing great and...why are you...okay."

She chuckled as she continued to drink my tea before setting it down. "So, as you know, we have the results for your baby's gender and we're not revealing it to you." she grinned.

"Why?"

"No reasons." she hummed, smirking a bit.

Blake grinned, "Achilles is going to be excited...I think. Does he get excited or is he the serious type? He doesn't really look-

"Blake, I love you so much, but shut the hell up. You have a serious case of word vomit today." Jennifer sighed, scowling at him.

Blake just continued to grin, "I know, I tend to do that. Just ask Iris, she punched me once."

"I understand why." she groaned.

I laughed, "Oh, the Moon Goddess did good with picking you two as mates."

"I know, I'm a pain in the ass and he's an overly hyper guy. Perfect."

"So, Blake, how's Ryan?" I asked.

I haven't talked to Ryan since the night he punched me, to be honest, I was concerned for him. He hasn't been looking at anyone, he's lost weight, and he refuses to go outside. The dude almost looks like a ghost and a skeleton now.

Blake sighed, "Depressed."

I thought for a minute, I then slowly stood up. "I'm going to speak with him." I announced, walking back inside.

I was only a few feet away from the steps when Jennifer rushed in front of me. Her eyes were wide and nervous, "Are you sure you want to? I mean, what if he hits you again?" she questioned, worry laced through her words.

I smiled gently, "I'll be fine."

"Well...I'm standing outside the door. Just in case." she stated, a finality added into her voice.

I blinked, but then rolled my eyes. "Alright."

She quietly followed behind me as I made my way to Ryan's room, praying that I don't walk in and he's screwing some chick. That would be...awkward. When I finally reached his room I turned the knob and walked in, I instantly frowned.

He was laying on his bed, staring at the ground, completely unfocused. He was so thin and pale that it scared me. He's like a brother to me, seeing him like this hurts and scares me. I walked over and gently placed my hand on his shoulder.

"Ryan?" I whispered.

His eyes slowly looked up at me, dull with pain and sorrow. After he registered who I was they widened and he tried sitting up. However, he toppled over as soon as he managed to sit fully up. I furrowed my eyebrows, I should have been watching him.

He swallowed and slowly leaned against the wall, staring at me with empty eyes. "Wh-why are you here?" he asked, his voice hoarse.

I pursed my lips, "I wanted to make sure you were okay."

He let out a breath as he stared at the ceiling, "No."

My heart broke at the sight of him, I sat on his bed and looked at him. "What's wrong?"

"It's just...no matter what, I can't get a normal girlfriend. Why? Why does every girl just use me?" he asked, his voice cracking. "Am I boring or something?"

"No, you're not boring, you're a fun guy. You just need to find the right girl, someone you truly know and that doesn't have her mate anymore either." I smiled softly. "You'll find her."

He stared at me before smiling, "Thanks, Iris."

"No problem, now, let's go." I stated, climbing to my feet.

His eyebrows furrowed, "Where are we going?"

"To get you to eat, you look like a skeleton. Oh, and some sun shine." I chirped, holding out my hand.

He sighed before slowly getting to his feet; I had to steady him before telling Jennifer to come in here. We argued for a full minute before she mind-linked Blake, telling him to help her walk Ryan down. I sighed, even though she's a pain, she is right. I'll basically be carrying him and at the moment, that's not a good idea.

I followed close behind, mainly because I can't get in front of them. I'm waddling around like a damn penguin. Once we reached the kitchen Achilles was already in there preparing a sandwhich, he walked over and placed it in front of Ryan.

"It's a pretty light one, I didn't think your stomach could handle anything more than that." he explained.

The sandwhich was toast with a piece of chicken between it. Ryan smiled and thanked us before taking a bite. He slowly chewed it then swallowed, we waited a few minutes and sighed in relief when he didn't puke. Melissa quickly warned him to only eat half though, he can eat the other half later.

"You don't want to eat it too fast, then you'll puke. Here's some Gatorade mixed with water. It's grape, is that okay?" she asked, placing the glass in front of him.

He nodded, "Yeah, thank you, Luna."

Melissa smiled, "No need to call me Luna, I'm retired. Name is Melissa or Lissa."

Ryan smiled before taking a second bite and chewing that one slowly. After a few minutes I decided to shower and go to bed. It's already eight-thirty and I was beyond exhausted, this pregnancy really takes your energy from you.

I was almost to the room when Achilles swooped me into his arms carefully and carried me the rest of the way.

"Instead of showering by yourself, you're going to sit in the bathtub and I'm going to wash your hair and body." he voiced, gently placing me on our toilet.

I grinned, "Thank you."

"Anything for my Queen." he whispered, kissing my forehead.

I sighed, how did I get so lucky?