Chapter 21

I shoved another cookie into my mouth, moaning at the amazing taste. Achilles' mother has one hell of a talent for cooking! Achilles watched me with amusement, he would try to steal one every now and then. I didn't get possessive over them though, he was too thin. He ate one then he wanted more, but his mother eventually made us have something besides cookies. She made soup, saying it would be too much for our stomachs to handle if we had a huge meal along with those cookies we ate.

She ended up telling me she was the daughter of the pack doctor, she learned many things from him. She knew how to stitch up wounds, clean out infected wounds or new ones, she knows how to treat a sick patient, and so on. She can preform surgery, but she doesn't do it in a non sterile place. She's not a huge fan of surgery either, she gets too nervous when someone's life is in her hands.

Of course Achilles points it out to her that when she's treating a sick patient or wounded patient, their lives in her hands as well. Only for her to fire back that she has hundred percent courage in herself when she's treating those type of patients. After our meal Achilles ended up falling asleep on the couch with a fever. His mother started to grow concern, telling me he always had a weaker immune system.

"It grew stronger over the years, but him not giving his body the nutrition that it needed must have weakened him a good bit." she sighed, wiping the cold rag over his head.

I frowned, running my fingers through his sweaty hair. I kissed his forehead, not caring if I catch whatever he has. His mother watched me, a smile on her face.

"You're going to be a good wife, Luna, and mother some day. Please, don't make the same mistake I did." she whispered, guilt crossing her features.

I frowned, "You were a good mother until you lost your mate and unborn child. Many humans, werewolves, and so on will sometimes turn to either drugs or alcohol when it comes to dealing with depression. I've dealt with my depression in a non safe away and so has Achilles. Alcohol abuse isn't new when it comes to dealing with emotions. Emotions are dangerous too, you know? What makes you a good mother is the fact you realized your mistake and tried fixing it. Now look, Achilles accepted your apology and is slowly starting to talk to you again."

She smiled softly, "Thank you."

I nodded and intertwined my hand with his, rubbing my thumb over the back of his hand. His eyebrows furrowed and he groaned, trying to turn to his side. I carefully pinned him down, telling him he needs to stay still.

His eyes fluttered open, revealing watery eyes. He looked at me then his mother, "I feel sick." he mumbled.

Melissa's eyes widened as she scurried into the bathroom down the hall, a few seconds later she returned with a garbage can. Achilles proceeded to empty his stomach, his face pale and his shirt soaked in sweat. Melissa wiped his mouth with a warm cloth and sighed, the concern growing in the both of us.

"Stomach flu?"

We turned to see Reese walking in, his eyes concerned as well. Melissa shook her head, "No, just his regular sickness he goes through."

"Ah, I see." he chirped, he then looked at me and smiled. "Luna! You're awake!"

I chuckled, "Yeah, not feeling the greatest though."

"I have a feeling you're usually energetic."

"Pretty much, always training, going for a run, or doing Alpha stuff."

Reese smiled at me before excusing himself, saying his mate needed help with the baby. Melissa frowned at her son, seeming nervous. "Usually I don't think much of flare ups like these." she whispered.