Chapter 29

For the whole six hours that Achilles was in surgery for I stayed up, I couldn't fall asleep until I knew he was alive and safe. When the doctor walked out I was the first one up, my eyes wide, afraid of the news. The doctor smiled softly, telling us that he had made it through the surgery was now resting easily. He wasn't out of the woods yet though, the next forty-eight hours would be critical. I was determined to stay with him during those hours and to stay awake, no matter what.

I yawned, my eyes feeling heavy as the doctor walked in to check up on him. After checking his vitals and everything else he grinned, his eyes bright. "He's going to be fine." he chirped.

I let out a sigh of relief, "Thank god, thank you Doctor."

"You're welcome, Luna. He's breathing on his own now and should wake up soon, he'll be weak since he ended up with mild silver poisoning." he warned.

"I'll stay with him." I confirmed, determined.

He smiled, "He's lucky to have a mate like you, he really needed one."

After he walked out I sighed and stared at Achilles; he looked so pale. For at least ten hours had couldn't breathe on his own and it scared me, but now he's fine. I smiled and kissed his cheek, "Wake up soon, love." I whispered.

"Is he going to be okay?" Melissa asked as she and her mate walked in.

I grinned and nodded, "Yeah, he's going to be fine."

"Great! And here's the pregnancy test that you asked for." she chirped, handing me the box.

I swallowed, "What if I am and I don't make a good mother?"

"Sweetie, you're going to be a wonderful mother, I just know it." she soothed, hugging me. "Now, go and see if I'm going to have a grand-baby or babies."

I laughed and walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind me. My heart was hammering in my chest as I took the stick out of the box. I closed my eyes as I got ready to look at the stick, my wolf and I nervous but excited. I took a deep breath and snapped my eyes open, gaping at the positive sign.

I'm pregnant. Holy shit.

I have no idea how long I was sitting here for, but Melissa knocked on the door to ask if everything was alright. "Uh, yeah, I'll be out in a minute." I sounded, still in shock.

After I cleaned my hands I walked back out, I was shaking as I went to sit down. My eyes traveled to Achilles to find him awake and staring at me with concern. I smiled, completely forgetting about the stick for a few moments.

"You're awake!" I beamed, hugging him, causing me to drop the stick on the floor.

"What's that?" Achilles asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Oh-

"You're...oh my god!" Melissa cheered, her eyes lighting up.

Achilles frowned, "She's what? Are you okay?"

I chuckled, "I'm fine Achilles, see for yourself."

I grabbed the stick and showed him, when he finally understood he grinned. His eyes were shining with excitement, "I'm going to be a father!" he smiled, completely ecstatic.

"You mean, you're fine with me being pregnant?" I asked.

"Of course!"

I smiled and hugged him before kissing him on the lips, we parted when Melissa awkwardly cleared her throat. She then hugged me and congratulated the both of us, she then immediately got down to business.

"So, what color will the room be?"

I blanched, "Um...uh..."

"Mom, why don't we start planning that later? I'm too tired and I don't want my mate planning it on her own." Achilles voiced, his eyes tired.

Melissa smiled softly, "Of course, now you rest, the both of you. You're pregnant, that means you need all the rest you can get. Also, eat all the nutrients you can, be healthy, no drinking or smoking, and-

"Mom!"

"Sorry, I'm excited!"

I laughed, "It's fine, but I don't drink or smoke. So, we're all good there."

"What about drugs?"

"Mom!" Achilles shrieked for the second time.

Melissa shrugged, "Just double checking."

"I don't do any of that either." I said, blushing a bit.

After Achilles fell asleep I decided to go home and freshen up, maybe even sleep for a while. The doctor told me he'll call in case anything happens. I'll most likely end up coming back, I can't sleep without him now.

As Melissa drove me home I couldn't stop thinking about the baby. I'm pregnant. I'm pregnant with Achilles' baby.