Chapter 11

I woke up in my room, feeling weary and sore. My whole body ached, some of my deep cuts were stinging. I looked around the room, no one was here and it smelled of medicine but also Achilles' scent. The spot beside me was still warm and Achilles' scent was strong, he was here. I tried getting out of the bed, but my legs gave out before I could even take one step. I collapsed onto the floor, wincing a bit when I hit my bruised knee. I snapped my head up when Rebecca walked into the room, her eyes wide.

"Oh my goodness, Iris, you're supposed to be resting!" she quickly scolded, helping me back into the bed.

I frowned, "Where is Achilles?"

"He's taking care of Jason, put it this way, he's taking matters into his own hands. I explained every rule to him, so he knews how to handle Jason. However, he told me to ask you for your suggestion when you're awake. Right now, Jason is in the cells and he's hunting down Catherine." she explained.

"What is he going to do to them?" I asked.

"He's going to either exile Jason from the pack...or...kill him." she looked at me, waiting for a reaction.

"He wants my word in it?"

"Yes."

"He can kill him, Jason has caused enough trouble as it is. What rule says he can though?"

"He can't kill Jason for bullying you, but he can ask for the pack's suggestion. The pack agrees to kill him, the whole entire pack. Except for Catherine of course."

"And Catherine, what is he going to do to her?"

"Well, he can't kill her, because she hasn't done anything terrible. However, he can give her a warning and give her a few bruises."

I nodded, "Achilles doesn't like hitting women though."

"Which is why he's allowing Sadie to do it, your sister does have a strong punch."

I smiled, "Yeah, she does."

It stayed silent for a little while, but I wanted to know about Katie. I haven't spoken to her or about her in almost a whole year, she's still a packmember and I'm still concerned. Rebecca finished checking my wounds and nodded, satisfied with their healing.

"How is Katie?" I questioned quietly.

Rebecca looked at me, a warm smile on her face. "She's fine, she has many issues. Her father told me they run through his side of the family, at least the bi-polar issue."

"The bi-polar issue? Can I please know all her issues?" I pleaded.

She sighed, "Fine, but don't tell anyone. Katie is bi-polar, she does have anger issues, but she also has Schizophrenia."

I blanched, feeling really guilty. I should have been there for her and watched her, I know what schizophrenia is like. My aunt had it when she alive, but she did get treatment and was able to live a good life with her mate. Even though she couldn't have pups, but that was from a car accident many years ago. I knew Katie acted like that, at first it wasn't as bad, but I could tell her symptoms were getting worse.

Rebecca sighed, "Luckily, the werewolf brain is faster with treatments. Katie is starting to act like her normal self, she is on medication though. I do have to watch for that depression that will sneak up on her and her paranoia. She wasn't happy about being diagnosed with that and was upset that she didn't have anyone there for her." she explained, her voice taking a sad note.

I sighed, "Could you get her for me?"

"Of course." she then smiled, "You're a good person, Iris."

I thanked her and waited for Katie, feeling guilty. She has her family now,but she also needed a friend. I looked up as she walked in, her eyes looking around the room. She then closed her eyes and took a deep breath before smiling at me. She shut my door and plopped herself down on my bed.

"So, you know?" she asked.

I sighed,"Yes, are you okay?"

"I'm not...really happy with the schizophrenia part, but I'm getting treatment and it's slowly getting better. I thought werewolves couldn't get these type of things." she replied.

"No, we can, we don't catch human viruses. Such as the flu."

"Oh, I see now. I'm sorry for Jason...I...I didn't..." she sighed, tears flowing out of her eyes. "I'm sorry, I know I was a bitch. I didn't have any control, it's like my emotions just switched on me and I was...paranoid and..."

"Hey, hey calm down. It's fine, it'll get better." I assured her. "You're going to be fine, none of this is your fault. You have something that you can't fully control, but it'll get better."

She smiled, "Thanks...my sister is a little quiet and tense around me. I shouldn't be surprised, huh?"

"Not exaclty, you did try to kill her."

"True, goddess do I regret that. Why me?" she whispered.

I frowned, "Kat, it can happen to anyone. Schizophrenia can hit you when you're in your twenties. It doesn't have to be genetic, it can be caused by a number of reasons. It's sudden and I know it's hard, but you just have to keep fighting and try your best to ignore and push those symptoms away. Honestly, I have no idea how you cope with it, since I don't have that problem. I do know that you're strong and you can do it."

She suddenly hugged me, crying into my shoulder. "You're the best." she sobbed.

I smiled and hugged her back, "I'll always be there for you." I replied.

We talked and caught up with each other, and of course Katie teased me about my love life with Achilles. I smiled, this is how it was. She would tease me and I would reply with sarcasm, but now it's a little different. I know I have to be careful with what I say, I don't want to trigger anything with her anger issues and other problems. She doesn't need to go on an emotional roller coaster and she doesn't need the stress. She's had enough stress as it is, I know she's still upset about the Schizophrenia thing, I would be too. She just needs to know that she has a support group, she has people here who will forgive her, who will try their hardest to understand her, and try their hardest to be there for her whenever she has a problem.

After a while her mother came and wanted her to come home, the worry evident. Rebecca had told me that Jennifer has been very protective of Katie, she missed havingher youngest daughter around. Katie's father wasn't exactly as forgiving, but he did kiss and hug her whenever she needed the support. I remembered everything Sadie and I said about her, how Ryan rejected her. I know she treated him like shit, but I have no idea if she meant that or not. It's hard to figure it out, but she told me she doesn't want a mate.

She's afraid that she'll only cause stress for him because of her new problems, but I told her she could continue searching for that special person. She doesn't have to be forever alone just because of her issues. I loved her like a sister, I can't just abandon her again.

I looked up as Achilles walked in, his eyes showing his stress as he laid on the bed. He then pulled me close to him, kissing me and telling me he loves me. I smiled and kissed him, just wanting to be near him.

"Jason is dead?" I asked.

He nodded, "Yes."

"Good."

I would ask Sadie about Catherine later, knowing she would probably want to tell me about that. Achilles stayed with me for the rest of the day, worried that I would try something. I didn't mind though, I felt like laying beside him anyway. I was relieved, Jason is finally out of my life. I know Daniel will most likely tell his parents or Catherine will, but either way his parents will find out. If his brother has an issue with it then I'll explain everything to him. We eventually fell asleep, both of us needing it.

Author's note: I hope I didn't upset anyone about the Schizophrenia thing, I did read about it and tried my best to be okay about it. Yes, I do believe someone with Schizophrenia should be able to find that one special person. Just because of their problem doesn't mean they can't have a love life either. :)

If you know anything about it and you see flaws, PLEASE tell me. I want to make sure I got it 99% right at least. Thank you :)