Chapter 7

I gaped at the sight before me, how in the world did he find this place? Sitting on the banks of the beautiful lake my parents used to take me to was our old vacation home. It's a pretty large "cabin" but looks like a mansion, all my memories of the vacations before this washed into my head. I smiled, a small tear rolling down my cheek. I felt someone gently wipe the tear away, my gaze shifting to the beautiful man beside me.

"You did this?" I whispered, over joyed with the beautiful sight.

He smiled, "Sadie mentioned the cabin and how you always loved it here, so I thought we could have dinner inside and maybe go for a midnight swim. We could also spend the night here if you want."

I swiftly pulled him into a hug and kissed his lips, that butterfly feeling in my stomach as our lips moved together. I then looked at him after we parted, his amazing green/blue or hazel...confusing eye colored eyes. He chuckled and kissed my forehead before guiding me along the thin path, the memory of my sister and I racing before my parents flashed in my mind. I was over whelmed with happiness as he unlocked the cabin door. We walked into the foyer and up the stairs, anxious to get to the kitchen.

I haven't been here since my parents died, I was too afraid that I would dive deeper into depression. However, it's the complete opposite. It just made me remember them, but in a good way, the way you want to remember. I was glad Sadie mentioned this place to Achilles, but even happier that Achilles actually made a date out of it.

He pulled out my chair and sat me down before grabbing something from the counter. He placed a plate that had my favorite meal in front of me; steak, baked potato, and chicken. He then poured my favorite wine into a wine glass and placed it beside my plate. I was amazed by this, did he cook it?

"Um...I followed a recipe, I hope...it's good." he said, clearly nervous.

I smiled, "I bet it will be good."

The dinner was amazing, seems like my mate has a talent with cooking. We talked through dinner and laughed, we got to know each other a little more as well. Achilles actually blurted out that his mother partied every single night, which is why he didn't like her a lot. He felt as if she abandoned him and didn't want anything to do with him, so, when he became Alpha he exiled her. She would only stir up trouble in the pack and would walk onto packgrounds completely drunk. He didn't want his pack dealing with that or even babysitting her, but he did give her the choice to visit for a week every month.

He loathed her, but he felt guilty for banishing her from the pack. He knew she did have many true friends whome she loved, so he agreed she could visit. Each time she's tried apologizing to him, but he would ignore her. Therefor, she became more bitter each time she stayed there.

I wanted to tell him that maybe he should let his mother be a mother, she wanted to try but he refused to let her. I know I'll never be able to understand his feelings since my parents were both with me till the end, but I know he's not being very reasonable. However, I decided to keep my mouth shut about that. It's not the time to say anything of the sorts, plus, I don't want to see the dark side of Achilles. I'd rather see that side when he's protecting someone from rogues.

"So, ready for a swim?" he questioned, his eyes sparkling with excitement.

I chuckled, "I didn't bring a bathing suit though."

"No biggy, just jump in naked."

I gaped at him, my face heating up. "I-I...hell no!"

He rolled his eyes and grabbed a black bag, "I'm joking, I just love getting you all flustered. Here you go, Sadie threw your bikini in."