Chapter 31

I sighed in content as I watched my favorite show, Scorpion. Achilles couldn't understand why I liked this show so much, but then again, he never really watches TV. I was currently stuffing my face with chocolate, I usually do this, but I was really craving it today. I was so consumed with yelling at the characters when Achilles walked in, looking beyond exhausted. I turned off the TV and gave him a concerned look.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked, getting up.

He nodded, "I'm just really tired." he yawned.

"Well, you haven't been sleeping fully for the last five nights."

"Can you blame me? I'm afraid of getting stabbed again or even worse, you getting stabbed. I can't lose you and the baby." he whimpered, looking at me with wide and terrified eyes.

I smiled softly, "You're not going to lose me, now, lay down. I'm tired too, I think we could both use a nap."

After our nap I ended up waking up first I decided it was best to leave him there. I grabbed a towel and walked into the bathroom, needing to freshen up. As I was standing in the shower I thought about the past few days.

Achilles was fully healed and functioning, but he was terrified of falling asleep at night. I'm almost tempted to ask the pack doctor for something to inject him with; I know they have those for the ones who can't sleep at all. However, I don't want to do it to him when he doesn't even know it, his trust is more important to me. What kind of mate would I be if I did things behind his back? Especially if those things included his health.

I climbed out of the shower and wrapped myself in the towel, grinning at how cozy it was. I combed through my hair, my thoughts wondering off to the rogues. They haven't attacked us in a while, it's like they just decided to give up. I know better though, they're planning something. Melissa's mates said he visited all the packs, even the Hybrids. The scent those wolves leave behind on our territory isn't like any of the others'.

The Hybrids are too focused with Veloces' pack anyway, the only reason they destroyed my territory is because the leader was frustrated. It was actually the leader who did it while the rest just watched as if he were crazy, which he is. Melissa admitted she hated going there, he was such a creepy guy.

When they told us this I knew it had to be a group of rogues from another state; each state's rogues have a different scent. It's weird and confusing, but I'm not going to go into detail. All we know is these rogues don't live here, they're not from where we're from.

"Honey?"

I turned to see Achilles watching me with worried eyes, "I've been trying to get your attention for the past five minutes." he voiced, walking over.

"Oh, sorry, I was just thinking about the rogues." I replied, kissing his cheek.

He wrapped his arms around me from behind and started kissing my neck. "You were?"

"Yeah, it's strange how they suddenly stopped attacking us."

"I know, but I'm not letting my guard down. The patrols are still doubled and I'm still going to do patrols every night." he explained, looking at me through the mirror.

I scowled at him, "I don't like you doing patrols at night."

"I know, but it's the only way I can know you're safe. My mom will be in here with you since my step-father will be joining me." (A/N: What did I name his step-father? I honestly can't remember, I thought it was Steven or something.)

"I still don't like it." I whispered, turning to face him.

He smiled down at me, "I'll wake you up when I get home."

"Most likely I'll still be awake."

"Until three in the morning?"

I smirked, "You'd be surprised what this Luna can do."

"Oh, you're actually calling yourself a Luna?" he teased, a smirk of his own plastered on his face.

"Well, I am, aren't I?"

"I don't know, you argued with me about it the first time we met."

I smiled, remembering that first encounter. Who would have guessed we would be like this now. Fully marked and mated, pregnant with our first child, and working together as Alpha and Luna. His pack was my pack now and they respected me fully; even Sadie has respect now. Which reminds me, I'm handing the pack over to her soon.

"I have to make arrangements." I mumbled.

"For what?"

"I'm going to hand over the Alpha title to Henry and Sadie."

"Are they moving the pack back into the territory? Honestly, they should wait..."

I shook my head, "No, not until it's fully fixed."

"My step-

"Call him your dad, Achilles, he's your father after all. Blood or not." I said, cutting him off.

He paused for a moment, but then continued. "My dad and his group are helping, they actually want to join my pack."

I looked up, "Are you going to let them?"

"Well, after their trials, then hopefully yes. Depends on what they've done in the past; we have files on all of them. Their packs send it out to every Alpha, so we know if they left or were exiled. If they murdered a pack member then they will continue on as rogues." he explained.

"Well, I can only see two being actual murderers."

"I know, my mom said everyone is so nice in his group. It's mostly women feeding and caring for their young while the men hunt and protect them. Almost like a tribe of sorts."

"Well, that is how the first packs were."

He chuckled, "We've come far." he replied sarcastically.

"The only difference is the women are warriors as well." I murmured.

Achilles kissed my head once more, "Why don't we get dinner? I'm starving and I know you are."

I smiled, "Sounds good."

I started walking out towards the door when he stopped me, "Uh, the towel...."

I blushed, "Shit!"

I glared at him as he starting cracking up, "Shut up!" I snapped.

He laughed even harder, "Or what?"

"I'm going to cut your damn balls off."

"Don't you want kids th-

"I'm already pregnant." I smirked. "That doesn't work, plus, there's always adoption."

Achilles scowled at me, but then we both started laughing. Our relationship is so messed up.

Author's note: I swear, either the chapters end on a fun and good note with them or something completely different. I'm actually loving this couple XD