Chapter 28

I snapped my eyes open as I heard someone puking, I slowly sat up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. Once my eyes adjusted to the darkness I instantly recognized our room. I then focused on whoever was in the bathroom, by the empty spot beside me I knew who it was. I crawled out of bed and swiftly walked over to the bathroom, gently pushing the door open.

Achilles was leaning over the toilet and puking, but it wasn't regular puke. It was blood. I shrieked and knelt beside him, looking at the blood with fear. Achilles was pale, his eyes showed how tired he was, and the fact he put most of his weight on me showed how weakened he was. I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to come up with a theory on how or why he's puking up blood.

"Achilles, what...what caused this?" I asked, hoping he knew.

He closed his eyes for a minute before opening them, "L-look...a-a-at my...s-stomach."

I glanced down and covered my mouth, tears forming in my eyes. Sticking out of his stomach or well, abdomen, was an inch of a silver blade. I went to inspect it, but Achilles quickly grabbed my wrist. I could have easily ignored him and continued forward, but I knew he didn't want me to. He let go and sighed, a pained look crossing his features.

"Who did this?" I demanded.

He frowned, "I wish I knew..."

"You didn't see them?"

He weakly shook his head, "They u-used something t-to-

He fell forward as his eyes shut, I gently eased him to the ground and mind-linked Melissa. In less than two minutes she was running into the bathroom. Her eyes went wide as she saw the scene before her, they glazed over for a bit before returning to normal. She knelt beside him and started inspecting the wound.

"Who did this?" she quietly asked.

"I don't know and neither does Achilles." I answered, frustrated with it all.

She shook her head, "Had to be somebody from the pack."

"But who?"

"I don't know...the whole packs seems to love Achilles. Do you think they did it in a way to get revenge on me?" she asked.

I shook my head, "I don't know..."

I looked up to see a man walking in, his eyes holding concern as he looked at the fallen Achilles. Behind him was the pack doctor, nurses, and a gurney. We helped them placed his body on the gurney, carefully so we didn't move the blade. We then sprinted down the hall, the pack doctor calling out orders as the nurses started to work on him. By the time we reached the infirmary he had an oxygen mask on and his shirt was torn off.

I stopped as they wheeled him into the ER, telling me to wait in the waiting room. I have no idea how long I was standing there for, but Melissa's hand on my shoulder snapped me out of my haze. She guided me to the chairs and sat me down, she then sat on the side as the man wrapped her in his arms.

"I'm guessing you're Achilles' step-father?" I asked, looking up at the man.

He nodded, "Name is Logan, you are?"

"Iris."

"Nice to meet you." he smiled warmly as he ruffled my hair.

I chuckled, "Nice to meet you too."

"So, I get a step-son and daughter-in-law all in one week." he grinned.

Melissa laughed, "Yes, and let me guess, you're going to spoil them?"

"Oh, yeah, I don't have any kids of my own, so why not?"

Melissa rolled her eyes at him before placing a small kiss on his cheek. I sighed as I leaned against the chair, feeling tired again. My mind was going crazy with all this, who in the world stabbed Achilles?

I clenched my jaw, once I find out, they'll be begging for me to kill them.