Chapter 10

Achilles was one unhappy camper when he came back to find out that Jason and I will fight. I ignored his arguements though, knowing I needed to do this. I wanted to kill Jason, to make it a fight to the death, but the challenger gets to decide if it's a fight to the death or not. I was shocked when Jason sent his friend, Daniel, to tell me that it wasn't a fight to death. The loser is the one who submits first, let me tell you, I am not submitting to that low life of a werewolf. I know I can beat him, I have higher training than him and I'm very skilled at it.

Achilles scowled at me, his arms folded across his chest as he continued to attempt to argue. I just scowled back at him, mimicking his stance. He raised an eyebrow and I did the same, smirking a little as confusion and amusement filled his eyes.

"You're a pain in the ass." he grumbled, pulling me close to him.

I sighed, "I know, but I have to do this, Achilles. I need to shut those thoughts of his down, if I win-

"When you win." he whispered, cutting me off.

I smiled, "When I win he won't be able to challenge me a second time, it's the rules."

"I know, but I'm still worried. Can't blame me though, I'm your mate."

"I know, but I'll be fine." I murmured, kissing his cheek.

I knew he wasn't happy about it still, but I forced a smile and kissed him again. I then got dressed into workout clothes and decided to workout for a bit, just to warm myself up. I focused on the fight for the rest of the day, the whole pack wasn't happy about it either. Many of them knew I could beat him, but then you have your doubters. I can't blame them though, Jason isn't the weakest fighter out there. Yes, I do have better warriors than him, but he's still pretty good.

Not as good as me though, I know many moves that he doesn't even know exist. The only good thing that came from him barely spending time with me when we were together is the fact he's never fought me. He has no idea what I do when I fight and how I deliver the moves. Even if I did fight him, he still wouldn't know as much. I change my ways of fighting each time, making sure I didn't just have one way of fighting. If I did then I would be predictable and I can't have that when I'm an Alpha.

Achilles did end up fighting with me, correcting any flaws that he saw. He only saw two flaws, which is good. I took a drink and took an hour nap, when I woke up I actaully felt refreshed. I walked with Achilles outside to the back, where the fight will be. The whole pack was gathered there, nervous glances landing on me. I quickly spotted Jason in the middle of the large circle, kissing and smiling at Catherine. I wanted to gag, a man whore and slut, perfect couple.

I then spotted someone who I haven't seen in a long time, Katie. She didn't say anything to me ever since that night, except for trying to apologize. However, I ignored her and shoved her away. I did feel guilty, we were friends for most of our lives. I spotted her family a few people down from her, acting as if they didn't even know her. That was one reason I was friends with her, I felt bad for her.

She was shunned by her family for being the weakest, but also for being so cruel towards them. She treated them like shit and tried killing her sister once because her sister's mate was hot. Luckily, her sister was saved in time and her mate stayed with her. Katie has mental issues, there isn't a doubt in my mind when it comes to that. Yet, her family didn't even try to get the girl help, instead they abandoned her. I, on the other hand, did call Rebecca and get her to check Katie.

Sure enough, Katie does have a mental issue, but I'm not allowed to know unless it's an emergency. I shifted my gaze back to the man whore, a cocky grin on his ugly face. Achilles wrapped his arm around my waist as we walked into the circle, once Jason saw us jealousy was in his eyes. He looked at the mark on me and then Achilles' arm wrapped around my waist. Achilles didn't do or say anything to him, instead he kissed me on the lips. We made out for a few moments until I focused on the fight.