Chapter 17

Chapter 17 

Jasper pulled us to our feet, after somehow managing to get us out from under the table. He tried to support Zach who looked like he was a Jenga tower about to topple, and texted Liam at the same time.  

The remaining two members of the band arrived almost as soon as the message was sent, surprising me. I gathered the courage to look at Liam's face. He looked upset. Before he could speak, I launched into my explanation. 

"I'm so sorry, I knew I wasn't supposed to sing but I did and I feel terrible-" 

"Wait, what are you apologizing for?" He interrupted. "You did great. I don't mind that you sang solo. It was rude of me not to let you, in fact." 

"Then wh-what are you upset about?" I tried not to stutter. 

"I understand that you didn't know that Danny was giving you alcohol. But knowingly drinking with Zach just doesn't sound like you."  

I felt like I was only an inch tall at that moment.  

"I'm sorry." My eyes started to water. 

"Its fine. Hey, don't cry!" He sounded guilty now. 

"Alright!" I said brightly, suddenly happy for some reason. "Anything for you cutie- patootie." 

I pulled his cheeks while he stared at me in a confused manner. 

"How much did she drink?" He asked Jasper, who shrugged. 

"Let's just get them home." Scarlett sighed. "I'll carry Lexa, and you guys carry Zach." 

They acted on her orders as she came towards me and slung my shoulder over hers. 

"I can't believe I'm doing this." She muttered." 

"Why are you? You don't like me right, Scar?" I whined. I seemed to have no control over my mouth. 

She fell silent, thinking about how to reply. When she finally started to say something, Zach yelling out some thoughts on his mind. 

"HEY GUYS! Why isn't Roxy yellow?" 

"Why do you want her to be yellow?" Jasper sounded curious. 

"So that when we drive around, we can sing Yellow Submarine." 

There was a silence. 

"That's an amazing idea!" I had a vision of us driving around singing the Beatles' classic.  

He grinned widely at me and started to sing the aforementioned song. I joined in. 

"We all live in a yellow submarine, yellow submarine, yellow submarine."  

"Heaven help us." Liam looked up to the sky. 

"Will you paint the car yellow?" Zach pressed. 

"Sure." Jasper sounded casual, while the 'owner' looked horrified. 

We managed to make it to Roxy without accident. The drive didn't take too long. The car stopped at the corner of my street. 

"Jas, can you make sure Lexa reaches her doorstep? You live nearby so you can walk home." Liam asked. 

"I don't have a choice, do I?" 

He jumped out and helped me do the same. Our companions drove away, leaving us to walk our way home. Well, more like shuffle home in my case. I turned to look at the face of the boy who was dragging me home. Then on impulse, I put my hand on his head and started to run my fingers through his hair.