Chapter 29

Chapter 29

"Why did you guys specifically tell me to wear shoes today?" I demanded as soon as soon as I walked in.

"We're doing our audition for the contest today." Zach told me.

"The performance that grabs attention? What does that have to do with shoes?"

"We're going to be running today." This statement managed to confuse me even more.

Liam finally made an irritated noise and proceeded to explain the stunt we were going to pull.

"We're performing in Times Square. One of my dreams is to perform there."

"That requires a permit, right?"

"Except we aren't getting one."

"Isn't that illegal?" I fretted.

"Yes." Scarlett shrugged while saying this.

"So we're doing this, knowing it's illegal?"

"Of course." They chorused, like it was perfectly normal for them to break laws.

"So I'm assuming I need the shoes to run from the cops." I stated, hoping I was wrong.

"You're finally getting the idea." Jasper sighed.

Liam was the only one who sensed my trepidation. He told me I didn't have to do it if I didn't want to. But I knew I couldn't let them do this by themselves. After all, they were my band.

"Good. We can get started on the makeover then." Scarlett responded when I agreed to go along with their insane idea.

"What makeover?" I didn't know if I could handle another one.

"Remember we told you that we would have to change your looks if you didn't want your parents to recognize you?"

I sighed. Yes, I did. It was a sensible thing to do. I gave them my approval.

Scarlett grabbed hold of my shoulders and pulled me into a room where I assumed the performers got ready.

She threw me a pair of clothes that I changed into without complaining. Then she made me sit down and started doing something to my hair and face. She handed me jewelry to wear while she worked.

She glared in contempt at my beat up Converse but didn't say anything about them since she knew I couldn't run in anything else.

Finally, when she was satisfied, we walked out to meet the rest. They had brought a large mirror from somewhere and propped it up against the wall. Before I could see my reflection, Zach stopped me and replaced my glasses with the new pair. I was allowed to continue my walk towards the mirror after that.

I stared at the person in the mirror, who didn't look anything like me. My disguise seemed to work.

My hair had been straightened and had a few black extensions woven through it. I was wearing a silver (They must've remembered that it was my favorite colour) shirt that I felt was a little too low cut for comfort and tight black jeans that had chains woven through it's loops.

My eyes were standing out due to the eyeliner and eyeshadow that had been applied to them. My cheekbones seemed to look longer. There was a thin choker around my neck and earrings that showcased the name of a band on my ears.

However, the pair of purple glasses resting on my nose tied together the whole look.

I managed to shut my mouth that was hanging open and smile to show that I liked the changes that Scarlett has made to my appearance.