Chapter 21

Chapter 21

This "important" meeting was so mind-numbingly boring. I tried to stifle a yawn at the band's attempts to think of good names. We had realized that it was kind of lame to call ourselves a band if we didn't have a name.

Jasper had told everyone to assemble at the diner so we could pick out names. Caleb had also been invited for some reason. He was sitting next to me and looked like he would rather be doing something else.

It had been about an hour and we hadn't come up with a name we liked.

"Lightning?" Zach suggested.

"We aren't a group of pre-teens." Jasper shot down the suggestion in a cruel manner.

"I tried." Zach glared at him.

"How about Paper Walls?" Scarlett contributed to the growing list of rejected names.

"Too hipster."

"Burning Skies?"

"We aren't heavy metal."

Liam groaned and slumped face-first on the table.

I looked at Caleb and rolled my eyes at the theatrics. He nodded back in an understanding manner. Then he pulled out his phone and a pair of earphones.

"Take one." He whispered.

"Badass." I said it in a teasing manner but took it anyway.

Everyone was so busy arguing that they didn't even notice. That helped me to not feel so guilty.

"Why don't you just choose one from the list?!" Scarlett screeched.

"Like what?"

"How about Backseat Serenade?" Liam put in.

"Everybody knows that song!"

"I might as well leave." I mumbled and got up with Caleb.

Unfortunately, everyone heard that and Liam and Jasper turned and started begging me not to leave them alone.

Cecilia by Simon and Garfunkel drowned out their voices all of a sudden. They didn't give up and started singing along.

" Cecilia, you're breaking my heart, you're shaking my confidence daily. Oh, Cecilia. I'm down on my knees, I'm begging you please to come home."

"You're embarassing me!" I told them. "My name isn't Cecilia so you can't sing that to me, and also I highly doubt you can call this booth a home."

They ignored me and continued to sing, drawing suspicious looks from the other customers.

"Home is where the heart is." Zach decided to enlighten me.

Scarlett let her face fall into her hands at the cheesy comment.

"Alright! I'll stay." I gave up and sat back down. At least I could listen to music with Caleb. They hadn't noticed yet so I doubt they would find out later.

As they argued, we listened to a few tracks from Fall Out Boy's new album.

I didn't recognize the beginning of a particular song but just as I was starting to enjoy it, he started playing another song.

I poked him violently and hissed "Why did you do that? Play it again!"

"That's it!" Jasper announced, looking at me.

"What....?" I wondered what he meant. I hadn't exactly been paying attention to the conversation.

"Play it Again! That's a perfect name." He grinned.