Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"What do you mean?" Liam asked, disappointed.

"My parents.... have a problem with me having anything to do with music." I replied.

"We all know how that is." He responded, shaking his hand. "My parents kicked me out. I'm living with Zach now." I stared at him.

"How old are you?" The question caught him off guard but he responded "Nineteen. How old are you?" Oh. I looked away.

"Sixteen."

"Hmm. You're the youngest here." The food came, and it distracted everyone for some time.

But I didn't know that Liam had a one track mind.

"So why can't you sing for us?" he asked.

"I'm not supposed to even listen to music! I have to do it secretly. They think music is just an unnecessary diversion from my studies."

Zach sighed and said "But that couldn't keep you from it right? You can do this secretly too."

"I'll think about it." After we finished, we started to walk around.

"So you guys practice there all the time?" I asked, referring to the place where I had first met them.

"Yes. It's actually meant for ballet recitals but Jasper's mom is a sponsor for it, so we can practice there whenever it's free." Scarlett informed me.

We walked back there and this time I saw the drum kit at the corner and the stand for the keyboard.

"If you guys really want me to join your band.. shouldn't I get a demo first?"

Scarlett looked like she didn't care but the guys grinned.

"Fine." Jasper agreed. "Let's do what we were practicing yesterday." Everyone nodded and got on stage. They started attaching their instruments to amplifiers.

I noticed Scarlett's guitar was shockingly pink and Liam had a black one.

Zach tapped his drumsticks together at the beginning, setting the beat. Then they started playing.

I recognized Cross My Heart by Marianas Trench. I love that band. Liam's guitar playing was just as amazing as his voice (though it was still missing something) and everyone else were brilliant at what they did. But together, they just left me speechless and wanting more.

I sang a few of the lines, and just watched the rest of the performance. I applauded when they finished and all of them looked pleased.

"You guys are.... out of this world." I told them. "Thanks. But you'd make us sound better." Liam said. "I don't think you guys can be better than that." I said, eyes wide.

"Come on up and try singing with us." I pouted.

"I'll just sound awful next to all of you." Liam rolled his eyes, came down and dragged me till the mic.

"You can do it." I scowled and wrapped my hands around the stand. The band started playing and I closed my eyes and sang along. When the song finished, I wasn't sure how I had done.

Then Liam took his phone and played the video recording of us. I usually hate my voice when it's recorded. But I sounded really good with the band. "Let's do something which actually has a female vocalist in it." Zach suggested.

"Shake It Out?" Jasper suggested.

"Sure." I said, shrugging. I'm definitely not as good as Florence, but alright. We started off, and it was so much fun. We did a few more songs after that. I really let myself go.