Chapter Four

~Emily~ 

"Hey, Em! We're playing never have I ever! Wanna join?" A thick accent called me over as I was about to ascend the staircase, my head perking towards the voice to check who it was. Niall sheepsihly grinned at me, offering to join the game they were currently playing.

I shook my head, "I'm not into those games, Niall. Maybe next time." I tell him, a small smile lingering on my face as I headed upstairs. 

It was already past eight in the evening and most of the guests have arrived already. Anne and Gemma presented the food we cooked at the dining area while Louis was in charge of the music. Probably the biggest mistake made by Anne. Why? You don't want to know. 

I arrived at the second floor shortly, two silver spoons in one hand and a pint of vanilla ice cream in the other. I knocked on the first door shortly, receiving no response whatsoever. I sighed, using my arms to turn the knob over, pushing the door open once it has unlocked. The window was pulled open, the harsh wind sending shivers to my spine as I fully entered the room. 

It was a mess, to say the least. Being inside a boy's room, you would have expected a really messy room already. But if you were in this room, you'd be surprised how much of a mess this really was compared to a normal teenage boy's room. 

A pile of clothes were scattered towards the very end of the bed. Sweaters, sweatpants, beanies, shoes - they were everywhere. Even the duvet and other bedsheets were scattered on the bed. The teli was on, signalling the presence of a person in this room. True enough, that person was there, laid on the messy bed, curls tousled all over as he had his eyes glued to the television. But it was very prominent that he wasn't paying any attention to the current ad of Mcdonald's playing on the television. His attention was fully on the picture frame he had tightly clasped on his left hand.

I sighed, kicking the door closed, getting his attention. He didn't utter a word. He just caught a quick glimpse at me before placing his attention back to the picture frame. I placed the silverware and ice-cream on his bedside table, laying down beside him right after.

He didn't look at me as we lay there in silence, the only sound to be heard was the muffled voices of the actors of the current show airing on the television. I tried paying attention to the show, but really, I was just worried about Harry's state as of the moment. 

So I took the remote from the bedside table, pressing the power button off. Even when I turned it off and all that, Harry still hasn't taken his gaze off of the picture frame. I leaned a little bit closer, taking a peak of the picture frame he was holding. I gulped, feeling stupid that I was dumb enough to not know who was in the picture.

He sighed, "I miss her." He says, lifting his gaze from the picture, green orbs locked with my blue ones. I gulped hard, evading his gaze slowly. I fiddled with my fingers as I heard him sigh once more, chucking the picture frame in between us.

I sat up properly, my legs tucked underneath. "You know, I think it's about time to cheer up! It's Christmas Eve." I say cheerily, reaching over the silverware and the pint of ice-cream. I turned to Harry, only to see a frown crease his face.

"I'm not in the mood to eat ice cream." He grunts, shoving the ice cream away from him. My eyes widened. He was actually being stubborn. I've been so used to him being locked up in this room quietly. This was the first time he's acting like this.

"Come on, Harry. You know you want to." I said in a singsong voice, trying to cheer him up. He just grunted once more, crossing his arms, lowering his head as he shook it arrogantly. I sighed, placing it back on the bedside table.