Chapter Thirteen

~Emily~ 

It's been three days since we arrived here in Illinois and after around 10 hours of sleep because of jet lag that night, I could pretty much say I'm adjusting to the Illinois time zone. It was hard, you know. Having to go to another country and study there right after knowing it. I didn't want to at first, because it was hard leaving my family behind. And by family, I meant my dad, Anne, Gemma, and even Harry's stepdad. 

But realising that this was an opportunity I would have to take for the better, I decided to go. It was something any other high school graduate would want; to go attend University. So here I am now, the morning of December 30th and I'm knocking furiously on Harry Styles' bedroom door.

Typical, eh?

"Harry get your ass off your bed and wake up." I groaned, my knocks becoming harder and more impatient with each passing second. I could hear his voice muffled as he groaned, probably sticking his face to his pillow. 

I rolled my eyes at this, checking my watch to see I might run late for my appointment. I'm supposed to go to Knox with Jillian today to arrange my papers and schedule for first term. We agreed that I would be going to her place at 10 A.M. Is it weird that I'm not surprised it's 9:38 and Harry still isn't up?

"Harry, come on! You have to bring me to Jillian's house! We're going to Knox in like an hour and I still have to fetch her! Stop being so lazy and bring me there!" I said, pounding on the door even more.

He just groaned even louder, screaming profanities at me for being such a buzz kill and how I ruined his 'beauty sleep'. Well, Harry could be a girl at times. 

I waited a short while before his door yanked open,a massive frown on his face as he ran his hand through his messy hair. His eyes squinted, looking so obvious he just woke up. He glared at me, slumping his shoulder in defeat, "It's so early, Ems. Why do you have to go to Knox so early?" He whined, walking over to the kitchen wearing only boxers.

I followed suit, leaning on the kitchen worktop as I watched him drink a glass of orange juice. "Well, Jill and I decided to get my papers and schedule there so I could prepare for first term in like a week. We have to be there by 10:30 but I guess we're running a litle late." I said innocently, sighing dramatically as I looked at my watch.

He placed his empty glass on the sink, leaning on the other worktop across mine as he looked at me questioningly, "I could always have Mr. Saunders deliver your schedule and your papers here, Ems. You don't have to go there, I could ha-"

"NO, Harry. You've done so much for me," I paused, proceeding to his room and rummaging through his draws as I continued talking, "And I'm not letting you do me a favor ever again, okay? You enrolling me to Knox was too much even. Now let me do my part in this whole thing, okay?" I said in finality, tossing him the white v-neck shirt and a pair of jeans.

"What's this?" He asked innocently, catching it quickly when I tossed it. I rolled my eyes at him again, looking at him blankly with arms crossed.