Chapter Nine

~Emily~ 

"Are you sure it's alright, though? I mean, wouldn't that bother the fans? And that's America for gods sake! Who knows what would happen if they found out?" I rambled on as I paced back and forth at 11 AM the next day, clutching my phone in one hand, a cup of tea in the other.

I heard him chuckle at the other end, making me grow even more worried, "Emily, you're overreacting! Remember when the fans first saw you, they fell in love with you! What makes you think the fans will change what they think of you just because Harry decides to pay for your university fees and find you a good place to stay in Illinois? They all know you and Harry are very close. So I'm pretty sure they won't fret about this! Just don't overthink, it." He explained slowly, making sure I had understood every word he said.

"But Simon, you know how the girls are when it comes to Harry! It's a freaking world war three! I mean, I'd be in another country for who knows how long! I don't want some random girl knocking at my doorstep at three in the morning sending me hate for being this close to Harry! They might even think I'm just using him for his money!" I ramble on, taking another sip of tea as I slump on the daybed.

"Look, what matters the most is your point of view of the whole thing. You know very well that you're not using Harry for his money. Even I know that very well! You didn't even see this coming, okay? You didn't expect this nor did you ask this from him. It was his own choice to let you do what you always wanted, okay? Now, you have to be in the airport in four hours and I'm assuming you haven't even packed a single thing yet." He pauses just as I look over to my now open wardrobe. I gave out a small smile as I heard him chuckle over the phone.

"Why do you know me so well, Simon?" I ask, placing the cup of tea on the bedside table as I pull out my light-blue suitcase filled with silly stickers from two years ago, unzipping it open. 

"That's because you're just like the daughter I never had. You somehow grew up with the boys as I took care of them, you know. And maybe that's why I know you so well, sweetie." I grimace at his cooing, noting how it didn't fit him and his supposed reputation by calling an eighteen-year-old teenager 'sweetie'

"I see how it is then, Emily. I am hurt. But nevertheless, I have to go now. I need to handle some papers of the boys for next year's tour." He says and as if on cue, I heard some papers being tapped on the table to get arranged on his line. 

I sighed, "Don't they get a well-deserved break, Si? I mean, their world tour is this 2013! And then they're going to have another tour by the end of that year? Might as well watch them pass out on stage, eh?" I ask, starting to take my clothes off its hangers, slumping it in my luggage.

I heard him sigh on the other line, "As much as I want them to rest, they signed a contract, Emily. You know I'm not the over-all head of the boys. I'm just the spokesperson to all this." He says, a hint of defeat lacing his voice.

I grunted, but soon accepted the fact that even though Simon had a major part in the boys' career, he still had no say at what the management wants to do with them. So I told him I had to start packing before we agreed to hang up. I looked at my somehow empty luggage before looking up at my full wardrobe.