Libraries, Jealousy and Kissing Rocks

Alison's POV

On Monday at school I'm at my locker when Paige walks over to me.

I back up. "Stay away." I say firmly. This time I'm not letting her do anything to me.

"Watch out for Emily." She says. "You don't know about her old life." Then she walks away.

I decide to just ignore her.

-

After school Emily and I go to The Brew.

I'm wearing very short jean shorts and a low cut floral tank top. I'm not afraid to admit that I'm wearing it to catch her eye. And from the way she looked at me when she first saw me I succeeded.

We sit at a table and a waiter comes up to us. "What can I get for you beautiful ladies?"

I see Emily glare at him and furrow my brow. I catch her eye and mouth 'what're you doing?'

That's when I notice his eyes are traveling me up and down, stopping particularly on my cleavage and bare thighs. Sometimes I just hate teenage boys. They think girls are just there for them to look at. Makes me sick. I feel uncomfortable under his gaze.

"I'll have a BLT with a side of quit ogling my girlfriend."

He sputters a bit. "W-what-I-"

"W-what-I-" Emily mocks. "Shut the hell up! Maybe you should just keep your fucking eyes to yourself! She's mine, okay pimples? So back off!"

He gulps, nods, and flees the scene.

I turn back to Emily who has her arms crossed and is all huffy.

I smirk. "You called me your girlfriend."

Her face instantly changes to embarrassed and she blushes. "Is-is that okay?"

I nod quickly. "You were really jealous weren't you?"

"I was not."

"Um, yeah. You definitely were." I counter.

"Okay maybe I was. But he was staring at you like you were a piece of meat! I didn't like it."

"I didn't either." I say, smiling softly. "Thank you. I hate when guys look at me like that."

"Bet it happens a lot."

"You're gonna be jealous a lot."

-

"Where are you taking me?" I ask as Emily pulls me through the woods.

"You'll see." She says mischievously.

When we emerge from the forest we're in a little alcove overlooking a lake with a big rock sitting smack in the middle.

"The kissing rock." Emily says, sitting on it and smiling up at me.

"What?" I laugh.

"It's the kissing rock." Emily insists. "Teenagers have been coming here since, like forever to kiss."

I sit next to her and giggle. "Is that true?"

The brunette nods. "It is! I swear on my future grave."

"Well okay." I then lean forward and press my lips to hers.

This kiss isn't like the first. It's not needy or aggressive. It's slow and gentle and I feel comforted by it.

Emily nudges my thigh so that I scoot closer, now in her lap as we make out.

Finally I pull back for air and we're both grinning.