Prologue

A/N: Enjoy the story and please don't hold back from feedback!

2021 Me: Not younger me thinking I was a rapper with that hold back and feedback shit

_

"Red! Red! I'm leaving!" The exclamation did little to the expression Louis wore as his recent Submissive had finally made the decision to call their partnership quits. It would have made a funny sight, considering Noah's arse was still red from the markings left by their flogging session as he waddled himself upright, but Louis didn't really want to invoke the wrath of a Submissive who felt like they've been done wrong if only to avoid the headache that'll soon follow on his part. Walking to the mahogany desk where the contract sat tucked in the drawers, Louis drew it out along with a pen.

Tying a robe around himself, Louis waited as Noah plucked up the courage to do what he had wanted to not five minutes ago. As much as Louis tried to think about the negative aspects to the termination of their contract, he honestly couldn't hope to find any. It was irritating enough to have a Submissive that required.. more than copious amounts of attention, what with Louis' strict business schedule, but it was another thing entirely to have a business meeting called off because the receptionist had to deal with a very sour, rude individual who needed to see Mr. Tomlinson now only for it to be what Louis could only describe in plain terms as a booty call. 

Noah sniffled as he picked up the pen with shaky hands and signed the contract, ending whatever it was he and Louis had.

"Pack your bags and leave," Louis said, and he really tried to sound somewhat gentle, but with the way Noah ran outside, sobbing, it was clear that he had failed in doing so spectacularly. Rolling his eyes, the annoying sound of crying reaching his ears, Louis set the flogger back into its drawer. What he'd heard after every single time a Submissive left was always crying, and quite frankly, he lacked the patience for trying to be kind about his plain irritation at the sound of it. 

Noah was in his own room, packing all of his things away. Louis had never bothered asking him if he wanted anything that could be bought, despite having tons of money that he could spare. Gift-giving had never been in the contract, after all. It was always the contract. Every time Noah had brought up things he wanted to change, the contract had been pulled up to show him what he had agreed to, what he had put his signature on. Non-negotiable, and Louis wasn't lenient himself either. The tears continued to fall as he zipped up his suitcase and slammed the door. Noah knew that he loved Louis, he couldn't help falling for him, but he couldn't stand being tossed around like a little rag doll, and for what? Sex?

Louis had never bothered acknowledging him the way Noah wanted him to even in the slightest way outside of the bedroom or when they were talking about sex, and Noah couldn't keep himself just sitting there and waiting for the recognition that he finally knew he would never get. Taking a look at the place where he had stayed for the past two months, Noah turned his back on it and left, feeling like he almost knew this was going to happen even when he had signed that bloody piece of paper. 

Louis' house was practically a villa. What would you expect of a house that was situated in Knightsbridge? Though Noah had boggled on his first time walking through the halls of this place, he only felt resentment as he looked at it now. A big, lonely house that fit its owner perfectly. The gleaming white walls and marble flooring that Noah had excitedly thought of as home rung hollow in his head now. A car waited in the driveway, ready to take Noah.. well, back. Back before Louis, back before Noah had stupid thought that everything would work itself out. That he'd make the cold, blue-eyed businessman choose to let someone in for once. A fool's dream, Noah supposed now. 

Being the CEO of one of the world's biggest corporations could take its toll on any person. Even in Knightsbridge, Louis had asked for his house to be constructed in a secluded area. For enough that Noah was driven for fifteen minutes before he could even see other houses lining up the area. Louis walked towards the kitchen, muttering under his breath to remind himself about what he had to do tomorrow while navigating the house that was empty once more. Well, until the cook came back the next morning.

Architectural Digest had a field day trying to cover the entirety of the house, the outside of it huge and a dark shade of brown, double-storied that had glass balconies on every floor. The squared, marble rooftop with giant window panes had featured in a couple of pages, but what took most of the spotlight was the amazing view from on top of the hill the house was constructed on. It was truly a very fetching building, one that Louis prided himself upon. 

Louis watched through the window as his ex-Submissive left the grounds and went back to where he had been living previously. He had taken the liberty to make sure that it was still paid for and furnished properly, considering it had been part of the contract in case things went South (which it did). Drawing his peach curtains and walking to the kitchen, Louis grabbed a bottle of Moet & Chandon from the fridge, pouring some into a champagne flute that he fished out of the cabinet. 

The thought of finding another Submissive was entertained for a moment, considering he didn't like to dawdle when it came to his sexual appetite being sated. But being faced with the choice of relaxing for a while before he decided to take in another fanciful individual who'd like to change him had Louis thinking that it would be for the best if he didn't jump into it right away. After all, it wasn't like he was running out of options anytime soon, unless he somehow woke up in the body of a hundred-year-old man and went bankrupt. 

Sleep didn't come as soon as Louis would have liked it to, but what else was new? And as the house was empty so that his terrified screams didn't carry through the halls, it seemed like his nightmares caught onto the fact that Louis was alone again once more.

_

2021 Me: Some of the comments on this story would make literally no amount of sense after this edit and I'm genuinely gutted because damn if I didn't lose a lung laughing my ass off at them.