"It's killing me"

I cried into Lachlan's shoulder. "no! No I'm not!" I said to him.
He put his arms around me and held me tight.

"What's wrong small one?" He looked at me worried and waited for an answer.

"I.. Eh... Vik... You..."

I tried to explain, but got interrupted by tears.
"Calm down first, okay?" He said as he kissed my forehead.

It calmed me down a bit as I tried to explain it again.

"Vik has been very close to you this whole time for a reason, Lach. It's killing me."

He looked at me confused, but held me close, not asking for a further explanation. I liked his warmth around me as I held him tight.

"It'll be alright, just sit close to me, I'll make this holiday a fun one" he said and he let out a genuine grin.

I smiled at him through the tears and said a soft "thank you."
---
Lachlan's Perspective

"... It's killing me" I heard her say.
I held her tight and smiled. She was tiny compared to me, it was cute.

"It'll be alright, just sit close to me, I'll make this holiday a fun one"

A thousand thoughts crossed my mind as I said that sentence, both dirty and normal ones.

Ugh she was so perfect, why is Vik doing this to her?

Not that I really knew what Vik did to her, but she seemed pretty devistated.

She smiled at me with that shining smile and said a soft "thank you".
That made my heart warm and her head against my chest made me feel so good.

"Look, (y/n), I don't know what happened between you two, but I'll try to stay away from him, okay?"

I looked at her with approval.

"I really don't want to hurt Vik though, Lach. Please, don't make it too obvious" she said as she kissed my cheek.

My cheek felt like a flame after she did so and I heard her say "but thank you for doing it. It means a lot to me."

I blushed. She was the cutest.
---
Back to the Reader!
I walked to my room to grab my clothes. It was a very dark evening and we were going to sit with a campfire.

I told them I played guitar, which they were very happy to hear about (if you don't, just imagine you do) and I grabbed clothes that I was going to use for mud sports and that sort.

I walked out with my guitar and saw them sitting on treelogs.
Lachlan didn't lie when he said he'd avoid Vik more, since he was sitting on another log, the opposite of Vik.

"Hey Waffle!" Rob said. "Come sit with us, Lachlan has some space left!"
I walked closer and saw Vik look at me.
I looked at him straight and sat next to Lachlan, while he grabbed my waist and pulled me closer.

I saw jealousy.

I asked them what kind of song I should play, but their reactions were mixed.

"What about... Thinking out Loud?"
I suggested. I had been trying to play that song for ages, but it was really difficult. A month ago, I finally mastered it which meant that I played it every day. My roommate Adam was going to kick me out if I played any more.

They all reacted happy to it and I started playing the intro.

Then I heard Lachlan sing:

"When your legs don't work like they used to before"

Vik did the second sentence:

"And I can't sweep you off of your feet..."

I tried to concentrate, which I succeeded in with much effort, but it was really cute how they sang the song together.

"Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love?

Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?"

As they sang, they looked at me being focussed on the guitar, but I looked up which allowed me to see four shining eyes targetted upon me.

Then the stare got broken as we all sang:

"But darling I will be loving you 'til we're seventeen.
And baby my heart will still fall as hard in twenty three,
And I'm thinking 'bout how
People fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just a touch of a hand
But me, I fall in love with you every single day
And I just want to tell you I am...

Then everyone got silent as they heard me sing the next part

"So baby now...
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars.
Take me into your loving heart
I'm thinking out loud
And baby, we found love right where we are."

I closed my eyes so I could let my hand take over and I enjoyed the music coming from the guitar when suddenly I felt something soft touch my lips.

I kept my eyes closed and felt a sensation go through my lips as the person stopped.

I heard multiple gasps as I opened my eyes and saw Lachlan crouching infront of me.