Chapter 12

Chapter 12

I felt like I was in trouble by a teacher or parent, some sort of authority, the way Keegan looked at me.
"Meet me when the diner opens tomorrow, you can tell me the rest." I say.
"Ok, just be careful, my names Zanthe by the way. I'll see you tomorrow." She gave me an apologetic look as I turned and walked back to the games room.

"Who where you talking to?" Asked Ruby when I sat back down to a new round of UNO. "This chick Zanthe. I met her in the bathroom and we started talking." I replied. I really regretted not going to the bathroom before I came back but I didn't want it to seem to Keegan that I was talking to her for long.

Keegan gave the impression he knew exactly what we were talking about, he couldn't stop looking at me until it was bedtime. Nurse P came and got the girls, "Hey, Nurse P, can Ruby-Lee and I have a sleepover? It's been a while since we've had one." Ruby looks at me weirdly for a second, since we hadn't established a sleepover prior. But she catches on and looks at Nurse P with hope and a giant smile.

Nurse P takes a look at her clip board and flips through a few pages before saying, "I guess that should be fine. But if something happens except punishment." "Oh thank you! We really needed a girls out." I gush. "Don't worry about it, just ask at least the day before next time okay?" "Yeah no worries." Ruby finishes off.

We end up in front of my room, "Ruby-Lee, do you want to get anything from your room before lights out? Before I leave?" That's Nurse P for ya, doing her job better than everyone else here. "I'm good, thanks again for letting us have a sleepover."
"Alright then, well goodnight girls." she saids before turning a walking down the hall.

I open my door and go into my room, Ruby following behind. "So, what urged you for a 'girls night'? Huh?"
"Wait hold on, I really need to pee" I said, going into the bathroom and closing the door. I started talking again when I got out.
"I was talking to Zanthe, the girl outside the games room and she started telling me all this stuff about what happened before we came." I told her everything Zanthe told me, not leaving anything out.

"What do you think Keegan did?" Ruby asked once I had finished.
"I really have no idea. Like we both know he had anger issues and psychopathic tendencies."
"I asked my counsellor about the traits of a psychopath. She said some pretty big things that relate to Keegan."
"Like what?!" I asked eagerly.
"Well you notice that when we're playing jenga, if the tower falls when it's his go, he always blames it on someone or something else. Same with other games we play. Not taking responsibility is a trait."
"Wow that so true."
"Keegans pretty charming. All the staff love him. Notice how the lunch lady always gives him more dessert? Even Nurse P forgave you for breaking her nose because Keegan talked to her about it, not wanting her to hold a grudge. He's got you all wrapped around his finger-"
"HE DOES NOT! I do not let him manipulate me or anything!" That can't be true.
"You told me how he freaked out when you stopped kissing him! He wanted to make you feel guilty! It was half to do with his anger management problem and the other is he wanted to guilt trip you. I know you think your the one 'setting the pace' but he seems to be the one always leaning in first, always asking to go off alone with you."
"I c-can't believe i-it." I sob, my eyes getting wet with tears.
"Oh Em, come here." Ruby gestures for me to move from the bottom of the bed, where I was sitting, to lie down next to her. I shuffled up the bed and under the covers, resting my head in her lap.
"We'll figure this out tomorrow okay? I'm so sorry I didn't realise how this would effect you."
"It-its okay."
"Why don't I turn off the light and we can go to sleep okay. We'll know the truth in the morning." Ruby whispered. I nodded in her lap. She got up and walked over to the light switch, the room suddenly went black and I heard her carefully trying to make her way back to the bed.
"Good night Em." she cooed.
"Night."