Chapter 5

After the counselling session, I leave for lunch, the session took up breakfast (which is not the wisest thing but all well).

I keep replaying Keegan's actions in my head, I'm surprised I acted the way I did. I probably would of kicked him in the balls if he did it anywhere else but in a mental hospital.

I walk down the corridors, not really noticing what's going on around me. I'm too caught up in Keegan, Nina and Shelby. I really need to ask Ruby-Lee about those two's past.

Before I knew it I was in front of the diner hall, it seems like I'm the last person in there today. I walk over to where Ruby-Lee was, she getting a tuna sandwich and water. She was at the end of the line so I join the que.

"Hey Ruby-Lee." I say, in a slightly cheerful tone, happy to see her less shy and small.

"Hey Em, what are you getting?" She asked, eyeing the other foods on offer.

"Well my counsellor said before I left my session to try something I haven't eaten in a while. I think I'll have the pasta. I cut that out of my diet months ago, you know, all the carbs and oils." I say as if it's something everyone talks about. She smiles, a real, genuine smile. She grabs a napkin and leans against the food display, waiting for me.

I grab the smallest pasta, the biggest glass of water and a fork before following Ruby-Lee.

I see she's going to go sit at Keegan's table, there's two other guys there, sitting on the other side of the table to him.

"Oh hey Ruby-Lee, I see you accepted my lunch invitation." One of the guys said, he had Asian looks, dark brown hair, quite tall and slightly muscular.

Ruby-Lee smiled at him before sitting next to him. I see Keegan pat the space next to him, beckoning me to sit next to him.

"Oh, sorry, this is Emma." Ruby-Lee saids before taking a massive drink of water.

"Hey." I say. The Asian guy opens his mouth to reply,

"Hey Emma, I'm Glen. This is Jackson or Jack for short and this is Keegan." He answers for them all.

"Yeah I've seen Keegan around." I say with a smile at the end. I look at him, he winks, I blush. I'm 12, what am I doing. Seriously I think I thought I was 16 or something, 12 year olds don't have relationships.

I look around at what everyone was eating, steak sandwich for Jack, pasta for Glen and wrap for Keegan.

"So, Em, what are you here for?" Jack asks before shoving about two mouth-fulls in one.

"Ahh, eating disorder and Schizophrenia mainly but I get panic attacks in the worst of times." I say, before taking my first bite. I feel the oil seek out of the carb filled food. The creamy carbonara sauce spreads around my tongue. I chew, 1,2,3,4....29,30... Shallow, drink water.

"Oh, that sucks shit." Jack comments.

"I've got post traumatic stress disorder, PTSD. I watched my dad get shot by my mum at the dinner table." He says while he still trying to swallow his massive mouth full.

"Well that's not the best." I say, he smirks and continues eating.

"I've got serve OCD." Glen saids. I take notice now as I see his cutlery perfectly in line with his bowl and glass. He must be one of those people that throw chairs at teachers that try to tell them that they can't straightening everything in the room, now I'm the one assuming. 

"Keegan?" I ask, looking at him.

"I'm a mystery." He saids.