Chapter Eighteen

| Fred's POV |

As soon as Fred got the message that the team was meeting up at Hiro's place, he hurried out there. He felt pretty good about telling you everything.

Fred immediately goes to the garage. It was always Hiro and Tadashi's place, and every time the team would come over, they'd hang out there. When he walks in, Wasabi and Go Go are already inside.

"Good, you're here," Hiro says. He's pacing back and forth.

"What's this about?" Fred asks. "Did something happen?"

Wasabi shrugs. "We don't know. He told us that everyone has to be here."

"Here!" Honey Lemon says from the doorway. Hiro lets out a sigh of relief as Honey walks in. Everyone pauses when you follow behind.

Fred's the only one to respond. He flashes a huge, goofy grin in your direction. You smile shyly and cross the room to stand beside him. You stand as close as you can next to him without actually touching him.

Go Go finally speaks up. "What's she doing here?"

"Yeah, Fred, Honey. . ." Hiro's eyes widen to say, this isn't a normal hangout time.

"She already knows everything," Honey Lemon says, shooting a look at Fred.

"What? Fred!"

"I had to!" Fred exclaims.

"Not really!"

"Hiro-"

"Look, she can't be here!" Hiro says. "And we really don't have time to argue-"

"Hiro, she was attacked," Fred says angrily. You look down. You'd never heard Fred so angry before. "She needs protect herself. And she's one of us. Isn't she?"

Hiro sighs. "Yeah. Guess so. Okay, ___. You're a part of the team." You look up at Fred and smile. He's grinning again, just as he usually does. He holds up his fist and you hit yours against his. "Guys, this isn't a time for goofing off. I called you here because Callaghan is out of jail. Do you know what that means?"

"Yeah!" Fred says. "It means that we get to look awesome and fight epic fights again!" He punches the air excitedly and adds sound effects.

Hiro groans. "No! It means that the chances of him trying to get rid of us are high. We're the reason he couldn't destroy Krei."

"But we also got his daughter out of the portal. He was doing it all in the first place to get his daughter back. What if he just leaves it alone?" Honey Lemon asks.

"Yeah," Wasabi says nervously. "Isn't that like. . . the rules?"

"No way," Fred says. "It'll be another revenge story. We're just the target instead of Krei."

Fred can tell that you're completely lost. "So. . . he'll try to get rid of us because you completely screwed up his plan?" You ask.

Hiro nods. "I can almost guarantee it."

Go Go pauses her gum- chomping and blows a bubble and pops it. "So what does that mean for us?"

Hiro smirks. "We're all gonna need some upgrades."