Chapter Twenty

| Fred's POV |

"I feel stupid," You say for the millionth time from behind the bathroom door.

"Come on, ___. We're all in our suits, too."

"Well, yeah, but you guys look awesome."

Fred laughs before speaking up. "You'll look great, trust me. Hiro can't make anyone look stupid." He lifts the head of his kaiju suit.

"Except for himself," Go Go says.

"Hey!" Hiro exclaims.

"Okay," You say. "I'm coming out. Just. . . don't laugh at me."

"We won't," Honey Lemon assures you.

You unlock the door and pull it open. You step out and keep your eyes on the ground. Fred's eyes widen. You're standing before everyone with a full length silver suit. You have thick rimmed black glasses on, that from afar, looked like there were completely normal.

"You look great, ___!" Honey Lemon says. "Doesn't she, guys?"

Wasabi nods. "You do."

"Yeah. Seems like the only person we'll be laughing at is Hiro, huh?" Go Go says, punching Hiro's shoulder.

Hiro rolls his eyes. "Okay, whatever. You do look awesome, ___."

"Thanks," You say. You look up at Fred, who is speechless. Everyone turns to look at him, too.

"I-I. . ." He scratches the back of his neck with his blue claw. "Wow."

Your eyes drop to the floor again. You smile.

"Well," Hiro says to break the awkwardness. "Let's go practice."

The group walks down the hall together, leaving you and Fred alone. He holds up your helmet. "Um. . . this is to protect your head, of course."

"Of course," You say. Fred rolls his eyes. He places it over your head and latches it into place. Your hands go up and hold onto the blue claws of Fred's suit. "Do I look okay?"

Fred smiles. His eyes never leave yours, yours never leave his. "You look . . . awesome. Like, wow. You look like an actual hero."

"I don't feel like one yet," You say.

"Well, let's go practice, then." He says.

"Alright." You finally pull away.

"You're super adorable in glasses, by the way," He adds.

"Really?" You ask with a grin on your face.

Fred nods.

"Thanks," You say.

Fred can't look away from you. I like you. I really, really, really like you. He wants to say it so badly. It's on the tip of his tongue, it's ready to escape his lips. I like you so much and I want to protect you in every way possible and spend every moment with you and I just really, really like you.

But you're out of my league.