Chapter 29

2015

The first day back to school is crucial. Your hair, nails, toes, eyebrows, outfit, makeup even down to matching panties!

But guess what I'm missing? Alec!

The little boy got sick! Sick! How do you get sick two days before going back to school?!

So now I'm being a bad bitch by myself, well I have the crew here but I want my boyfriend!

"We have all our classes together!" Zoë told me with excitement and I laughed and looked to see who else I have classes with because Zoë is real fun..... Outside the classroom! She doesn't talk in class or laugh or nothing! Straight work!

So far I have all classes with Theo, Zoë and Josh. I have a few with everyone else but the only class I don't have with anyone, Courtney's in it [😑].

I walked into History and sat down in the front. History and math are my favorite subjects.

"Good morning! Welcome to a new year! You guys haven't seen me before because I'm a new teacher, Mrs. Pak is currently on maternity leave," The teacher is about 6"2, brown hair that is crazy curly, hazel eyes and looks to be about 22. He is fione!

We had to stand up and introduce ourselves. "My name is Laila, I'm 17 and my favorite color is pink."

"We can see," he smiled and gestured to my hair. I smiled back and sat down. After the whole class went, he went.

"I'm Robert DiViccio, but you call me Mr. DiViccio. I was born in Italy and came here when I was fifteen- I'm 23 now," he smiled and sat down indicating that he was done. He called roll and then handed us our syllabus.

He lingered around me a little but I didn't mind! He's a beautiful man! He talked about what we are to expect in the class until the bell rang to leave.

"Bye Mr. DiViccio!" The girls flirted making me roll my eyes. I was the last one out because everyone rushed out to go talk to their friends.

"Have a good day," I smiled and said as I walked past his desk.

"Thank you and you too, Bella," his accent came out and my knees buckled quickly making me look like I was trying to do a pimp walk.

He just called me beautiful! Why is he so beautiful?! Damn you Alec for not being here!

***

It's time to go home but I always ride home with Alec or someone in the crew but they all participate in a sport or a club.

The boys play football but the season is over so now they play basketball and run track. Zachari is a cheerleader and Zoë swims.

I tried calling my mom but she's in Miami showing a property. Luckily, Gio was picking up my little brother so now he's on his way here.

"Are you okay? You're the last one here," Mr. DiViccio asked. I nodded at him.

"You're here," I pointed out.

"Touché, but I'm not a student," he grinned.

I smiled meekly. "Touché"

He was about today something when Gio honked. Today he's driving his all black Maserati. Gio got out to open my car door when he locked eyes with my teacher.

"He's your father?" He asked and I said no.

"You know him?" I mean they're from the same country but Italy is huge.

"The bastard is my cousin," he huffed. I'm guessing they don't like each other.

I said goodbye to my teacher and walked over to Gio. "Thank you,"

"No problem! He works here?" Gio asked and I nodded.

"He says he's your cousin,"

"Sadly," Gio said and I laughed. Yep! Don't get along!

"He seems nice," I said and Gio laughed a deep laugh.

"He is! He's just a ladies man. If he wants it, he gets it. Unfortunately one of his wants was my ex-fiancé." Gio explained and now I understand why they're so cold to each other. And I'm also going to guess that Mr. D wanted to work in the family business and Gio said no. And like I suspected, Gio confirmed that he wanted to work in the business but Gio refused.

Even Gio has drama in his family but he seems so calm and collected. When we reached home the first thing I did was take a shower then went to check on Emily.

I rubbed her growing but still small belly. Emily loves when people rub her belly while she sleeps.

"You're my personal belly rubber!" She said with her eyes still closed. I smiled then slapped her thighs. She jumped up and kicked me.

"I hate you!" She laughed and I laughed too.

"So have you spoken to your out casters?" I joked and she shook her head.

"My mom called but that's it. I don't know why my dad is being like this! He raped my mom and they're fine so he needs to leave me the hell
alone!" She started crying and I knew it's hormones messing with her.

"It's okay stop crying, its ok,"  I rubbed her belly and she slowly fell asleep so I just left her alone. 

I went into the kitchen to find snacks to eat but Gio was already cooking.

"What're you making? It smells so good!" I breathed in the smell and sighed.

"Fettuccine Pasta," he said and I did an evil laugh. He laughed at my laugh and I went in to go help him with whatever he may need help with. Soon, Zach joined us. His job is to stir every once in a while.

We were almost finished when my mom came home, her heels clanking against the kitchen floor.

"Look at my loves cooking together!" She started clapping. She kissed Zach and my checks then kissed Gio on the lips. She went to go freshen up for dinner.

Zach set the table and then woke Emily, I brought the food out with Gio's help and then we all sat down after my mom came downstairs.

We prayed and then started passing around dishes. Gio makes these amazing bread sticks that is coated in garlic sauce and has cheese inside of them. I swear!

"I cooked  dinner tonight as a going away dinner," Gio said to us and I dropped my fork.

"What?! When are you leaving?" I'll admit I began attached to Gio. He's a nice, humble, caring guy and he's been here for a few weeks and he's grown on me! All of us!

"Tomorrow morning," my mom said and ate her pasta like it was nothing important.

"You knew?" I asked her. She nodded and just told me to finish eating. I started eating because the food is amazing but I'm still upset.

"When're you coming back?" I asked and so did Zach.

"I'm going to be super busy in the next four months but I know school lets out in the first week of June. So I was hoping if you guys would want to come to Italy, I know you have busy schedules-"

"Hell yeah I want to go!!! I've never been to Europe," I said.

"Okay that's good! I'd love to show you around my country, so what about you guys?"

"Dude! Of course!" Zach got all excited making us laugh. Emily said if she can, she wants to go. My mom of course is going.

Italy in the summer it is.
__________________

So everyone is confused! Last chapter was a foreshadow and it's also to show that I don't plan on stopping at this book.

I know this update is long over due but.... I have writers block 😩😂. & school starts tomorrow. 😒