Chapter 14

"Talk to me, please," Alec begged me as I laid in his bed.

"About what? I told you I'm over it." I could tell by his face that he doesn't believe me and I'm not being honest but I'm trying to forget about them. "Fine, I'm hurt. I'm beyond hurt! I love you and why can't people see that? Why look at color? I understand what blacks went through for years and we still are but if I love someone in this day and age and they so happened to be white then why not love? I get called so many things by kids at school whenever your not around and I just shake it off. But how much longer can I get called names before I retaliate?"

"I don't have it easy either! To hear the guys in the locker room talk about you when they think I'm not listening about how you'd be better off with them and not a white boy because they can satisfy all your needs. I get called names by my friends behind my back but I've just learned to smile at them because they don't know us like we know us."

Alec and I sat there staring at one another. I didn't know what to say or do so I just got up and took a shower.

While I was in the bathroom I thought about our situation and decided to let it go. People are hateful and I'm not going to resent my boyfriend just because society doesn't approve.

I got out the shower and brushed my teeth and washed my face.

"You're right," I told Alec while walking out of the bathroom with my towel wrapped around my body.

"About what?" He asked as he spread the bed.

Lotioning I replied, "People shouldn't control us and I don't care what they say anymore," I threw on skinny jeans and a tank top.

"Glad to see you thought about it," he smiled then excused himself to get ready for the day also.

**

We walked into school hand in hand with smiles on our faces.

Majority just smiled at us but some looked disgusted but went back to their conversations.

Alec walked me to my locker then left to his.

"Hey Laila," Zachari said with Zoë standing next to her.

"Hey girls what's up?" They smiled mischievous smiles.

"You're coming with us today! No school!" Zoë told me with her thick German accent. Before I could even answer her they threw my books into my locker and locked it and they pulled me to Zoë's Mercedes Benz SUV. Tasha was waiting in the passenger seat smiling.

"Where are we going?" I asked but they didn't answer me. I grew tired of getting no response so I texted Alec.

"The girls kidnapped me😒" I sent to him.

"Same here! Where tf they taking us? No one will speak up"

"😩idk. They're ignoring me bruh😂"

"Let's force them into telling us!" He sent me back.

"How?😐"

"FT sex?😂😂😂😏"

I read his message then called him on FaceTime and plugged in my headphones.

"Girls, if you don't tell me where we're going I'm going to do something nasty," I threatened but they ignored me. I heard Alec threaten the same thing but they ignored him too.

Alec and I began saying dirty things to each other. Everyone starting yelling over us.

"Okay okay" they said. I hung up on Alec and smiled with satisfaction.

"Well since you just had to ruin the surprise....." Tasha rolled her eyes, "We're going to Disney World!"

"What? Why the hell on a school day?" I questioned but on the low in excited.

"Because we know you and Alec are stressed and so are we so we talked to our parents and they didn't mind" Zachari said and shrugged.

I sat back and smiled because I have some amazing friends.
____________________

Zachari and Zoë in MM