Chapter 13

It's been a few weeks since Alec and I made up. Ryder (whose real name is Kaiden surprisingly. He likes Ryder because it's rebellious to his family) and I are still friends and hang out occasionally.
Alec as I are very public with our relationship and a lot of our social media followers support us along with his family and our friends. But too many people judge me for being in a relationship with a white boy, including my father.

I try not to let it bother me but i can't help it. So I'm sitting here reading all the nasty comments under my recent Instagram picture that Alec and I took at his parents anniversary party/ ball earlier tonight.

Natural_Beauty: Why can't our women stay with our men? Why must they go to the same race that exploited us and did all man and evil? Smh.

LaTasha_baddie: Smh. Black and white shouldn't exist especially after what they did to us!! #blackpride

Love_Different: Why y'all hating?? This is beautiful! #swirllife

Ignorant__Mind: This is fucking disgusting!!! That dirty black nigger shouldn't be with this boy! Ew!!!

Just as I was about to press more Alec snatched my phone from me. "It's not worth it" I just shrugged my shoulders and looked away from him.

"Laila please look at me" he pleaded but I refused to look at him because if I did I know I'd start crying. "Laila, babe" I ignored him and he sighed and placed his head on my lap.

I began playing with his hair and stared at his red bow tie. "Why do people have to be so mean" I crocked out after a while.

"I don't know Laila. We just have to ignore it"

"Easy for you to say! You don't get bleach wipes stuffed into your locker with notes telling me to bleach my skin before trying to date a white boy! You don't get called the nigger lover's slut! You don't get called dirty and the nastiest thing God has ever put on earth!" I yelled at him, throwing my phone at the door making him sit up and stare at me.

"Laila", he started out but I held my hand up.

"I don't tell you everything", I said bitterly. I'm not mad at him but I can't help but feel that those people are right.

"Alec? Laila? Are y'all okay" Alec's mom Miranda asked, perking her head inside his room. I didn't respond to her but she saw my phone on the floor with Instagram opened. She picked it up and read the comments.

"Oh my God! These are so damn mean. I'll beat they ass!" She said making me laugh lowly. My mom and her became BFF's last month and they hang out everyday, literally, so my mom has rubbed off on her.

"Mom can I handle this? By myself", Alec asked unamused and clearly pissed off.
Miranda put her hands up in mock surrender and left the room.

"Laila I'm sorry" he walked up to me but I stopped him.

"I'm going to change and go to bed. When we wake up I'll forget about it" I grabbed my overnight bag and went into the bathroom.

But the thing is I knew I wouldn't forget.
____________________

How do y'all feel about me changing the Laila's character cause I really want to.

And how is the racism? I would say worst stuff but I'm keeping at a minimum for now. Oh and remember, they're 17 and seniors.
I'll edit the past chapters later.

This chapter is mainly about Alec and Laila but in the MM Theo and Tasha's outfits are included. Pretend that those are the characters posting the pictures on Instagram.