Chapter 5

Riley on the side

Alec

I got a text from my brother Riley that he's on his way and he's not going to wait for me to get ready.

"So, my brother should be here in five minutes." I told Laila. She looked at me with those big brown eyes. She didn't know how beautiful she looked without even trying.

"So are you going to change or just stare at me?" she questioned, she's the feistiest lady I've ever known, she does things to me and little big Alec if you know what I mean.

'Nah, I'll stay in this since you don't get to change" she smiled at me when I said that.

The way she has to look up at me when we stand is so cute. She's probably around 5"5 and I'm 6"7, yes I'm freakishly tall for a junior but blame my dad's genes for that. The beeping of my brothers truck snapped me out of my thoughts.

"I hear my brother outside. Let's go" I took her hand and her bookbag in my other and lead her to my brothers car.

"I forgot to say bye to your mom" she mumbled.

"She'll be alright" I shrugged and walked up to my brothers black Mercedes Benz jeep.

"Hey bro, hey Mariana" I greeted my brother and his Mexican girlfriend.

"Hey Alec" Mariana waved at me her thick accent dripping into each word she spoke.

"Whose this?" my brother rudely asked, he's always rude to people he doesn't know so I wasn't fazed. Mariana hit him upside his head, muttering Spanish words.

"I'm Laila" Laila said putting her hand out for one of them to shake, Mariana shook it and smiled while Riley just nodded.

"Y'all on a date" Riley asked me once Mariana turned around in her seat and started talking to Laila as if they've known each other for forever.

"Yeah.... something like that," I responded to him which made him grin. After fifteen minutes if Laila and Mariana singing to every song that the radio played and them laughing, we finally got to Atlantis.

Riley and Mariana walked ahead of us ,when we all got out the car, hand in hand making Laila coo at them being "so cute OMG" she said.

"How many of you guys?" the lady said to Riley.

"Four and we'd all like to rent skates" he responded while kissing Mariana's cheek randomly making Laila squeal again. Riley grinned at her and payed for them and I payed for us.

"I could've paid for myself" Laila told me which I shook my head to, I don't know who she's been with before but I always pay for my dates.

"No. I took you out. I'll pay," Her face had shock written all over it once I said that.

"That's a first" she mumbled under her breath.

"Let's go get skates" she stiffened.

"I can't skate"

"I'll teach you. Just relax" I put my arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer to me making her relax. we approached the section to get your skates from.

"Hey Alec my man!" Max said to me.

"What's up" we did our bit handshake," I didn't know you worked tonight"

"Yeah and I didn't know you were taking Ms.Atlanta here out on a date" he teased my while winking at Laila which made her roll her eyes playfully.

"Hey Max! Where's Manny?" Laila asked him while giving him an uncomfortable hug because of the counter.

"He's the DJ for tonight. But before y'all get me fired what sizes?" Max chuckled.

"I'm a size 7.5" Laila told him and he gave her these neon pink skates to go with the theme of the rink. And he passed me a size thirteen
since we were the same shoes size.

"Alright let's go Laila" I tried to convince Laila to step out onto the skating floor once we put on our shoes.

"Hell no. I'll fall" she whined making me laugh.

"And I'll catch you" she blushed and took my hand once she stepped out into the skating floor she slipped making both of us fall.

"Atleast I broke your fall" I told her while we both laughed. She ended up falling on-top of me. I got us up and I held her hand and coached her on how to properly skate.

"Alright I think I got it" she told me. I let her hand go and she actually did it! Until she lost her balance and fell right onto her bubbly ass. I couldn't stop laughing. Even Riley and Mariana laughed at her when they skated pass where she fell. I skated over and she looked like she was in pain.

"Are you okay" I asked trying to hide my laughter.

"No, I sprained my ankle" she told me trying to hold back tears.

" I doubt it." I helped her up.

"I know what one feels like! Plus this would be my 6th time. So help me get the fuck up and take me to get something to eat and then to the hospital." She snapped at me. I was taken back, she's never snapped at me before maybe it's because she's in pain and embarrassed. I helped her over to the carpet and say her at a table and skated over to order burgers, fries and a shake for everyone.

When our order was ready, Riley and Mariana skated over to us at the table.

"Oh sweetly are you okay. It's okay people fall all the time" Mariana said to a crying Laila.

"I'm not embarrassed. My ankle is sprained and it's swelling up" she showed us making us gasp. It was probably worse than a sprain. We put our food in a to go bag and left.

"Nice going fart face" Riley sneered at me. "The first date and you put her in the hospital."

"Shut the hell up asshole and drive the fucking car!" I snapped back at him.

_______________________

I'll post the hospital scene later.

Vote

Comment

Follow