Chapter 6

After an hour of X-rays the doctor said that I sprained my ankle. I told those idiots it's just a sprain. I've had plenty of them because of ballet and football. My mom entered the room and rolled her eyes.

"Lil' girl! How many times you gon' sprain that same damn ankle. Lawd help her" her Atlanta accent soaked through each word. I laughed and she signed me out.

"Wait! Alec can drop me home. I left my bags at his house" I lied to my mom and Alec's head snapped up at me. My mom smirked and shrugged leaving the room. Alec handed me my crutches and we walked in silence. Well, I hopped and he walked.

"Don't feel bad. I break and sprain bones easily. This is like my fifth one so it's no biggy" I laughed at his sudden shyness.

After a while he spoke again. "At least we can tell our grandchildren about our first date"

.

.

.

.

Three months passed since I sprained my ankle and since our first date but that was the best date I'd ever been on. The way he made sure I was secure and okay made my heart melt.

After I got released from the hospital he picked me up every morning for school and dropped me back home when our tutoring session was finished. He even stayed late at night sometimes to make sure I was okay and didn't hurt myself anymore than I already did.

My mom would come home late at night from work and see us sleeping in the living room with the tv on. She once told me, "Baby girl, it doesn't matter if he black, white, Mexican or whateva! He's a keeper! I really like him for you baby. What do y'all say now days? He's the real MVP!" She and I shared a laugh and said our good nights and went to bed.

~~

"Laila!!" I heard a deep voice boom through the house. I groaned because I had to out clothes on.

Slipping on sweat pants and a large tank top, "What the fuck do you want lance?!" I yelled back walking out my room and ran downstairs only to see a man that I haven't seen in five years standing next to my brother.

"Wow, the language that you use isn't becoming of a lady" the deep voice told me while I rolled my eyes and smacked my lips together.

"Laila, chill man" Lance said to me through gritted teeth.

"Go do something with your life! You always here! Do an extra class or some shit! Why the hell you bringing this man in my damn house huh? Y'all need to leave I have company coming over" I told them and started walking back upstairs until I heard the deep voice speak again.

"I'm sorry Laila! D'Shawn told me everything. I'm sorry for not believing you." I turned around so quick I thought I was gonna get whip lash.

"Oh! Oh! So once that nigga says something it's the truth?" I sarcastically replied, "I'd understand if he was actually your son but he's not! You left grandma for a bitch with rowdy kids and that son of a bitch beat my ass! Do you know how fucked up my head was at the time? Then he had to come along and beat my ass? No! Of course you don't because it wasn't you! Imagine your grandfather left his wife and family for another woman with a family already but I still loved you!! I met the lady to give her a chance but her son tried to fucking rape me and beat me and you did nothing to help! You wouldn't even believe me ! How dare you. Get out now!" I stormed upstairs but not before hearing my grandfather sniffle and walk out the house and lance followed.

Not even five minutes after they left the doorbell rang again. I walked downstairs to open the door.

"Hey Beautiful" Alec kissed my cheek and handed me a diaper bag and a big box of donuts.

"Hey playboy. Uh why do you have a diaper bag?" I asked him just as he went back to his car and too Ariana out of her car seat. Once she saw me she forgot about Alec and ran to me.

"LaLa!!!" She squealed and hugged my legs. She couldn't say my name properly so she called me LaLa. I put the donuts on coffee table along with her bag and picked her up.

"Hey princess how you doin'?" I tickled her fat belly making her laugh and squeal with joy. Her dirty blonde hair and greenish blue eyes against the sun kissed skin made her ten times cuter. It sorta made me wonder how our kids are going to look....... Not that we are starting anytime soon. What am I talking about? We're not even dating!

"Ari so you just forget about your big brother once you see a pretty girl?" Alec feigned hurt making Ariana and I laugh.

"Alec! I wub you too!" She ran to give him a sloppy kiss on the lips and sat back down in my lap and turned on the tv. She's bold and did things on her terms, so she doesn't care if she's at a strangers house she'll do the same thing after asking but she's been here hundred of times.

"Since Ariana is watching bubble guppies, can we talk?" Alec whispered in my ear, sending goosebumps all over my body. We got up and went upstairs to the 'chill' living room. It's basically there for when my friends come over so they don't need to go into my room.

"Wassup" I plopped onto the sofa. Alec sat next to me, fidgeting, "Laila we've been on a lot of dates the past four months and we've grown to know and understand each other. What I want to ask is if you'd be my girl?"

--------------

Lance on the side