NINE

Trinity

The house was at least three blocks away and it looked like we were in a whole different neighborhood. All the houses were nice, not one shingle out of place. The house we started walking up to was the prettiest one on the whole block. We began to walk up the porch steps and I could hear Curious by PartyNextDoor playing.

I started humming to it bobbing my head, I love this guy.

"Aight, I see you Trin." Michael said smiling

I gave a small smile looking away, and I didn't even have to know if Kae was looking at me or not cus I just knew she was. Tonight is gonna be a looooong night.

Chyna pushed the door open and inside looked so dope! As soon as we all stepped foot into the front door everyone disappeared. Kae ran straight to the kitchen for some drinks, I think Chris followed also. Chyna ran off to some friends she recognized and Michael is still in sight talking to some boys not that far from where I'm standing. Over where he was at, it was pretty crowded so I just started to casually look around.

People were wining on each other on the walls, others were having casual conversations sitting on the few couches in the living room, smoking and just enjoying their time. It's such a relaxing vibe in here, I'm feeling it. It started to get hot so I headed to the kitchen to get something to drink and cool off.

When I walked in, the kitchen was very spacious since there was about 9 people in here just chilling.

On the kitchen island, it held many coolers and a variety of junk food to choose from. I didn't know what to get since all the coolers had alcohol in it. I closed the cooler lid dissatisfied.

"Can I get you something?"

"Uh, I don't know." I said slowly looking up

The boy made a face and it made me laugh "There's nothing but alcohol, not sure if I want to drink tonight." I smiled at him as his face softened

He was a pretty attractive boy, brown skin and a nice set of teeth. I nodded in approval unintentionally.

"You don't drink?" He walked over to the edge of the Island and leaned on it

I sat on the cooler that was on the floor in front of him "When I drink - I don't know its complicated." I sighed slicking down my edges.

"How about I mix up something light for you?" He leaned off of the island and went in one of the many coolers taking out a red berry Ciroc

"Okay sure." I said

I watched him go over to the fridge taking out a gallon of Simply Lemonade in the raspberry flavor. He got a glass from one of the upper cupboards and put some ice cubes in the glass then pouring some of the raspberry lemonade in it.

"Never seen you around here." He spoke up opening the Ciroc and pouring it in the lemonade.

I nodded "I recently moved here from California. It's been about a month now."

"Oh so you're the Cali girl everyone been chattin' about." He gave me the glass and then went to go sit on top of the island with his legs
hanging off

"Uh, people been talking about me?"I asked playing with the ice in my drink

"Yeah." He said smirking "I don't blame 'em."

I laughed and scratched the back of my neck "What's your name?" I asked

"Khalil." He answered

"I'm Tri-"

"Yo Khalil, pull up!" Some guy poked his head in from the living room waving Khalil over