FORTY-TWO

RECAP

Trinity stared at him for some moments processing everything he was telling her. "Of course I'll be your girl." She smiled resting her hands on his, it's finally official she thought.

Chris let go of a breath he didn't realize he was holding relieved of her answer. He smiled pulling her face closer to his, landing a kiss right on her plump lips. Trinity smiled in in the kiss holding his face in her hands.

"So cute," Kae said wiping a fake tear

"It's about time," Michael added wrapping his arms around China.

Everyone laughed as the three of them walked over to Trinity and Chris by the hospital bed. They all started with small talk asking Chris how he felt.

"Bro you took a bullet, you're officially the realest nigga I know now," Michael said dapping up Chris.

"Michael shut the hell up," China said elbowing him.

Trinity sat back and watched her friends engage in conversation. She wanted to be as happy and relieved as they were but it was this one thought that picked her brain. Who shot Chris? Was she supposed to be the one that got shot?

She ignored the thoughts, pushing it to the back of her mind joining her friends on the random topic of going back to school soon, mustering up a fake smile.

Trinity

Sunday, January 24, 2016, 8:45pm

"Trinity, you should've told me you were still having those panic attacks." My father said sternly as we sat in his car eating Chinese food.

I sighed stuffing a spoonful of pork fried rice in my mouth. "I didn't think it was that serious, I went to the doctor not too long ago and he said panic and or anxiety attacks aren't deadly," I responded.

We sat in the car in front of the Chinese store and ate peacefully in the night. Throwback rap music played lowly on the radio as my father nodded his head and ate his food simultaneously.

"Chris and I are dating by the way," I said looking out the window.

I knew if I brought up Chris and I dating, it would make him forget about the whole panic attack situation, it's so annoying to talk about all the time.  

He started choking on his rice instantly, I smirked and handed him his ice tea that sat in the cup holder.

"When the hell did you and Curtis started dating anyway?" He asked a few minutes after recovering from choking on a rice grain.

I lowered my eyes at him, "Daddy, I know you know Curtis isn't his name."

I've only had one serious relationship and that was back in Cali. His name is Marc and I've known him since seventh grade. We started dating when I was entering high school in ninth grade. He was my many firsts, including my first love.

We broke up a few weeks before I moved out here and I honestly haven't thought about him since. He took advantage of how nice I can be and honestly treated me like shit. He claimed he loved me but we barely saw each other, we're always arguing, he'd go days without talking to me, he always wanted sex which we only did it once and overall he's probably the worst boyfriend anyone could ever have. My father noticed the moods I was in when Marc and I get into it so he never liked him.

I'm over Marc now, I've moved on to bigger and better things. Chris treats me like a princess, he makes me feel wanted and loved. Even though we just started dating today, he still made me feel special, even before we started dating.