THIRTY-FOUR

What's Really Hood got 100k+ reads! GLTTTTTT!

RECAP

I looked to my left and saw pre-made drinks sitting on a tray. I reached over and grabbed two shot glasses downing them back to back, and then another two after that. Whatever it was started burning my throat horribly and it tasted disgusting.

It did make me feel a little freer and that's all I wanted. It's a new year, I'm tired of being the Trinity who everyone believes is stuck up, a prude, boring, and always following the rules.

I set the last shot glass on the bar table and got up, stumbling a bit. My eyes were set on Khalil's as we made eye contact from across the room. His eyes never left mine as I got closer to him and I automatically got turned on by that. He licked his lips and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me in, as soon as I came within close proximity of him.

"Where you been ma?" He asked whispering in my ear

His lips grazed against the tip of my ear and my body instantly began to heat up.

"I'm here now, that's all that matters," I mumbled looking up at him.

He bit his lip and tightened his grip on my waist "That's good to hear."

Trinity

January 2nd, 2016

"Jasmine, daddy brought Burger King!" I yelled running up the steps. I walked into the room and saw her sitting on the windowsill gazing out of it. "Why haven't you started to pack yet?" I asked setting the food on my computer desk.

She sniffled and wiped her tears away quickly, glancing at me.

"Jasmine don't cry! I don't want you to go home either." I said wrapping my arms around her tightly. "You can come back for spring break, or maybe I'll just visit you in California."

"It's not t-that Trinity." She choked out rubbing her eyes with her drenched sleeve.

"Then what is it?"

Jasmine almost never cries, sometimes I question if she has any feelings, so the fact that she's crying in front of me right now means something is seriously wrong. She was going to make me cry.

She remained quiet and kept crying, wiping the constant tears that are flowing down her face. I'm so lost right now. I grew worried.

"Jasmine," I said wiping my eyes before the tears began to fall

She got up from the windowsill and bent down beside the bed, pulling her suitcase out from under it. She started emptying out the drawers filled with her clothes and threw them sloppily in her suitcase.

I stared at the back of her head as she continued packing. I grew impatient. "Jasmine!"

"My father abuses me, okay!" She yelled turning towards me "I don't want to go back there, Trinity!" She fell to the floor "I can't go back there." She mumbled staring off

I stood there for a minute letting what she just told me to marinate and set in my head.

"Why didn't you tell me this sooner Jasmine?" I'm pissed. More than pissed, livid! Why would she keep something like this to herself? "My dad could've done something!"

"It's too late now." She said shrugging.

"Are you fucking serious?" I said looking at her in disgust.

Her eyes grew wide like she was caught off guard. I caught my own self by surprise.

This isn't the Jasmine I know, the Jasmine I know doesn't let people push her around. We tell each other everything. She knows every single detail about my mother and what she did to me and my father, and the fact that she kept this from me so long irritated me deeply. Her acting nonchalant like she doesn't give a shit irritated me even more.