FOURTEEN

COMMENT

Recap

She stared at my arm and started to trace them. I let her rock staring at her, stare at my tattoos.

She looked up at me and started to blush "I'm sorry."

"Nah it's cool. You want some of your own?"

"Yeah, but my father would never let me get tatted." She uncapped the marker and began to write '718'

I looked at her neat penmanship and bit my lip, looking up at her "Aight ma, see you later." I started walking backwards watching her

She waved shyly and walked off, not forgetting to look back at me. I smirked and turned around walking to my next class.

Trinity

"Thank you." I said to the bus driver as he opened the doors

He nodded and smiled. I stepped off the bus and a gust of wind hit me in the face. I instantly got cold and started to shiver. I sighed and adjusted my bag on my shoulder and stuffed my hands in my bubble coat pocket, walking down the block. One of the reasons why I dreaded moving here. The winters are horrible in New York.

I crossed the slightly busy intersection and noticed a black bmw in my peripheral, slowly trailing behind me. I took a deep breath and kept my pace constant, trying my hardest not to panic. I slowly reached my hands up to the wire of my beats and lowered my volume of the Bryson Tiller song.

'I'm back and I'm better, I want you bad as ever.'

The car barely made it over the intersection, causing me to up my pace a little bit. I looked behind me slightly and saw the car pulling up to the curve next to me.

"Oh my god." I was about to take off running until I heard a familiar voice

"Get in." He said

I whipped my head in the direction of the car, sighing in relief. It's him.

'Pull up, skrrt get in the ride. Left hand is steering the other is gripping your thighs.'

Ironic.

I paused the already low playing song and took my headphones off, letting it wrap around my neck which I later regret because my ears started to get cold.

"What you mean get in? You was trailing behind me like you was a kidnapper." I said annoyed

"You wanna continue standing in the cold?" He asked as he leaned over and unlocked the passenger door

"No I don't." I said quickly running over to his car and getting in

I sat there in his heated seat, literally defrosting. I put my seatbelt on and stared ahead smiling. This brought me back to when we first met.

"Hello." I said smiling at him I took my bag from off of my lap and set it by my feet

"What's good ma?" He put the car in drive and pulled off

"Cold and hungry." I said getting comfortable slumping in my seat

I reclined my seat back adjusting to the heat. I sat up noticing we're getting closer to the right turn we're supposed to take.