THIRTEEN

Sorry for the lack of updating, been focusing on another book.

Recap

He shrugged before answering "You remind me of someone."

A piece of wind hit me and I automatically begin to tremble and my teeth started to chatter.

"What do you mean?" I urged on

"Man, ion wanna talk about it." He said waving me off

Oh.

"Alright Christopher, goodnight." I sat up from my spot dusting my butt off

"Mhm." He said looking straight ahead at the street

I sighed and went back in the house, making sure to close the screen door. I walked over to the couch and got situated, laying down. I forced my eyes closed trying to go to sleep but I couldn't help but think about what Chris said. I tossed and turned in the couch but couldn't go to sleep.

Chris came in moments after. He closed the wooden door and stood there, he didn't move for a moment. He sighed and mumbled to himself "damn man." He then started up the stairs

Trinity

For some reason I arrived extra early for school today. I don't know why, it's a Monday! I waved to the security guards as I entered the school, about to start walking those stairs of death until I saw Mr. Johnson at the elevator again. I ran quickly over to him and gave him a huge smile.

"Is this going to be your new routine Ms. James?" He said walking into the elevator as soon as the door opened

I watched him and followed suit, staring at his bald head in awe. Did he buff it or something?

"Probably." I said shrugging, pressing the fourth floor for him

He looked at me with his tired eyes, and sighed heavily as the elevator door closed "Have you and Christopher schedule any tutoring days?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked screwing the back of his head

"Your grades are slipping Trinity." The elevator doors opened and he walked out

I followed suit since I have him first period anyways.

"It shouldn't be a problem, Christopher is actually passing my class and you're already friends with him. I'm making it easier for you Ms. James since I've been observing and you talk to Michael and only hang with that specific clique." He stopped in front of his classroom and started digging through his brief case

Crap! That totally slipped my mind. After what happened Saturday when I was talking to Chris on the front steps, I don't want to face him again. Just thinking about the way he ended the conversation between us is so cringe worthy. Oh my god.

I remained silent.

Mr. Johnson looked at me over his shoulders but looked away as the elevator doors dinged and opened. I scratched the back of my neck and followed him to the direction of the classroom.

"You see what had happen was-"

"Trinity, I'm not the one thats being effected here, you are, I could careless if you get tutoring help from Christopher, I already have my diploma."

Well excuse me.

He unlocked the door and held it open for me. I nodded thank you and went straight to my seat across the room. I sat down and took out my binder and pencils. Mr. Johnson turned on the smart board and plugged in his laptop, setting up.