TWENTY-THREE

It's been a while guys. Wadduppp 😝

Recap

It made me want her even more, something I wanted to refrain from happening. Something I've been trying my hardest to not happen. She's too much like Chelsea, I can't have a repeat over again. I can't afford to lose somebody else I care about. I don't think my heart can take another loss.

I took a perfectly rolled blunt from my beanie "Yo Dom, you mind?"

I held up the blunt slightly as he looked at me through the rear view mirror

"Nah bro, go ahead."

I eased up and took the lighter from out of my back pocket. I immediately lit it as I took a nice hit.

Yeah, I like her.

Trinity

Next day 

"What about him?" I asked looking at her sitting in the recliner as I laid down on the love seat with a bowl of popcorn

"What's his name again?" She asked tapping her chin

"Chr—"

"Chris! Yeah, that's his name." I rolled my eyes

"Again, what about him?" I asked scrutinizing her

She was acting funny and I'm not liking it, she was beating around the bush.

"I felt tension when he came over to the booth when were in Burger King. Wassup with y'all?" She paused the random Netflix holiday movie we were watching and sat up in the recliner looking at me.

I kissed my teeth and rolled my eyes as I sat up from the love seat. I set the popcorn on the coffee table and closed my legs pretzel style.

"I'm listening."

"I don't know Jas. When I moved over here and met the boys you saw at Burger King and two other girls you'll meet sooner or later—well I don't know if you'd wanna meet one of them specifically but that's a different story, Chris been giving me the cold shoulder, and when I say cold shoulder I mean ultimate pettiness. He'd ignore me like I don't exist while his other friends talk to me." I looked up at her to see if she was still listening

She motioned for me to continue and I did "But then when he's high it's like he's a different person. He talks to me and acknowledge me which really annoys and confuses me. One time I had him over 'cus he was tutoring me and we ended up kissing. He left the house right after that. I like him Jas and I thought he liked me too but then when I saw him in school the following Monday he completely ignored me."

She started to nod, taking in everything I just said.

She then looked up at me and sat back in the recliner "Sounds like he has his own problems to handle. I say leave him alone until he start acting right. Don't stress him Trin. What and more specifically who you need to be stressing is that boy Dominic. It's pretty obvious he's feeling you, the way he tried to calm your ass down is a prime example. And he cute! Girl what are you doing?"

"Dominic is a fine piece of specimen, I'm not gonna lie. He's so nice and sweet ugh. He kissed me twice but that's it. I don't know when it comes to him, I love the attention he gives me, its refreshing. It's something new."

"Ooh Trinnnn, you out here being a hoe! I see how you move now."

"Please don't do that, it's not even like that." I said embarrassed "All he did was kiss me on the cheek, calm down."

"You still a hoe though." She said giving me a smug smile

"Anyways." I dragged on changing the subject "It's Christmas eve what are we gonna do?"