THIRTY-SEVEN

You guys went in on the comment section the last chapter and I can't thank you enough, so here's another chapter. I love you guys! Thanks for rocking with me and for those sticking around even when I take a year to update 💪🏽

Trinity

Wednesday, January 20, 2016
Three days before the mixtape listening party

I sighed as I entered my house, closing the door behind me and kicking off my Ugg boots to the side. I plopped on the recliner, making the chair recline back, peeling off my coat and throwing it on the other chair adjacent from me getting comfortable in the process. I then got on Snapchat and took a picture of my freshly manicured coffin nails with my fuzzy socks in the background captioning it 'Best day ever 😌💜'.

Regents week where we get off days because underclassmen have to take exams is probably the best thing the Department of Educational could've ever done.

It indeed was one of the best days I ever had since I moved to New York about three months ago. I still can't believe it been three months! It feels like I've been here for over a year.

Snapping out of my daydream, I exited out of Snapchat closing all of the extra apps I had opened and swiped down to look at my notifications. I missed the call. I missed the call once again.

"Why does this keep on happening!" I yelled out in frustration looking through my recent missed calls.

Jasmine called two hours ago but I left my phone in the car after going on a road trip for the whole day with Christopher. My lip began to quiver as I got up from the recliner and made a beeline to the staircase. I clicked on her name, putting the phone to my ears hoping and praying she'd answer my call. I leaned up against the door frame of my room waiting in angst as the phone started to ring.

"Your call has been forwarded to an automa—"

"Shit!" I yelled hanging up and throwing my phone on the bed.

I started pacing around my room running my hands through my curly hair from the takedown of my cornrow braids. What do I do?

It's happening again. The same feeling of not being able to breathe properly. I was overwhelmed and my heart is pounding unbelievably fast.

You had the chance to help her the first time but you didn't, you're so stupid! Why didn't you help her? She's probably in danger and your useless ass is just sitting here feeling sorry for yourself.

"I tried helping her! She said she was going to be fine. What could I have done? "

What kind of friend are you anyway? Are you just gonna let her be in harm's way, huh? That's what friends do?

"Jasmine, I'm so sorry!" I yelled dropping to my knees, "I don't know what to do."

I felt like I was dying. I'm trying to catch my breath, but I just couldn't. I was getting light headed and I felt weak.

"Trinity?" I saw a pair of Cement 4s running up to me but my tears blurred my vision.

I knew it was Chris, his scent instantly clouded my nostrils. It calmed me down a little but I was still in hysterics.

He kneeled down in front of me holding my shoulders forcing me to look him in his eyes, "Trinity, I need you to take long deep breaths with me okay?"

My eyes were closing put he kept lightly tapping my cheeks to keep me up, "Trinity, I'm here for you okay? You got me, you're not alone." He looked around my room frantically and got up to grab a pillow from my bed.