Chapter 4 Breaking Old Bonds

Previously, on His alpha her omega.

I shiver at what I have to ask next. "Hey Shelby," I start. She turns towards me. I pause for a moment to take a deep breath before speaking. "Can you unlock the door to the conference room?" 

'Sure I can, but why?" Shelby asks me curiously. I let out a deep sigh. "Oh," she says softly. She must have been reading my mind because now, she knows what I'm thinking. She knows I'm about to do what no teenage girl wants to do when she has a boyfriend. Shelby knows that I'm about to break up with Ace Summers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stand in the Conference Room, my back end resting against the table. I take a deep breath.

"Come on, Sophie. You can do this, I know you can," I tell myself.

I take in another deep breath, and mind link Ace.

"Hey, honey. Wow, you must really be missing me for you to mind link me back that quickly. Are you sure you don't want me to come over there instead?" he asks.

"No, Ace. I'm not at my house anymore," I say.

"Well. If you're not at your house anymore, then where are you?" Ace asks, confused.

I bite my lip. "the Hospital."

"Are you hurt? Did someone hurt you? Oh, they're going to pay!" He says in a tone that makes me flinch.

"No. Ace, I'm not hurt. I just need you to come down here and talk to me for a minute."

"Sophie, are you playing with me?" Ace asks, a joking tone to his voice.

"No, I'm not, Ace. Alpha's orders!" I say in my Alpha tone.

"Alright Babe. I'm on my way, can I ask what this is about?" He asks curiously.

"Just get here as fast as you can," I say, though in a way I kind of wish he wouldn't.

I disconnect the mind link.

I rub my sweaty hands on my dress. That's the fifth time I've done that since I came into this room. I let out a sigh. This time, though, it's not about what I'm going to do in the next few minutes, but it's about Luka. I want to believe he's going to be fine, but I just can't help but think the worst. What if his injuries are minor? What if they're severe? And what if they're so severe that he has to be put down for real this time?

I then shake my head. No. It won't end like that. No matter how severe his injuries are, I'd take him in a wheelchair over him being dead any day. Luka's strong, so I know he can get through this, and I'll help him get through this.

A buzzing sensation in the back of my head snaps me out of my thoughts. "Alright. I'm at the Hospital, where are you?" Ace asks me, as I connect the mind link.

"In the Conference Room," I reply to him.

"Oh. This is either going to be really good, or really bad. Alright, Babe. See you in a few minutes."

Ace disconnects the mind link.

I take another deep breath, wipe my hands on my dress and get up to start pacing, the nervousness becoming too much for me to take.

After a few minutes I hear a firm knock at the door. Pulling myself together, I stand up straight.

"Come in," I say, trying to sound calm.

The door open slowly, and in pops Ace Summers. His short, raven-black hair is smoothed down neatly, close to his scalp. His blue eyes are sharp and deep set. His look is topped off with a muscular build that would make any unmated She-Wolf stop and drool, and like all Alpha males, he has an ego to match.