Chapter 9 Bliss

Previously,  on His Alpha her Omega      

 I run back up to my room to check out everything. I don't bother turning on the light as I enter. There, in a neat little pile on the right side of my dresser, is a nice size stack of clothes. When I go into the bathroom, I do turn the light on. I look to my left. Folded neatly on my bathroom counter, just like the clothes on my dresser, is Luka's grass green cotton bathrobe, I smile at it. Then a sweet scent enters my nose, a scent of fresh honey. Now to most werewolves that's not a big deal, but to me it means just one thing. Luka's coming home.  

--------------------------------------------------------------

I race down the stairs, my feet barely making contact as I sprint down each step. I open the door, and there stand Shelby and my Aunt Sherry, with Luka in wolf form in my aunt's arms, swaddled up in that blanket. I usher them inside quickly but gently, and shut the door behind them.

"So, how are we going to do this? Because I don't think we'll be able to carry him up three flights of stairs," Aunt Sherry eyes the staircase.

"Guys, it'll be simple," I say. "We'll just use the house elevator."

"Oh, that's right. Sorry, forgot," she says, apologetically.

"It's okay, Aunt Sherry, let's just get him up there," I say.

"Right," they both say with a nod, as we speed walk towards the elevator to the left of the stairway. We all get in the elevator, my aunt gets on first, and then Shelby and I board. I push the third button and the doors close. I look down at Luka. His eyes are closed, and his breathing's soft, slow and even, which can only mean that he's asleep. I look back up at the both of them.

"The cool thing is, that we don't have to walk very far when we get to the third floor," I point out.

The doors open. In front of us, a white door awaits us. I open it and we all step in, and as we do we instantly relax.

"Let's put him right there," I say, pointing to the space against the wall out in front of us.

"Yes, Ma'am," she says, as we start to walk towards the spot.

My aunt bends down and puts Luka softly on the floor, then she allows me to gently unwrap Luka from the blanket. I look him over. His body doesn't look that bad, the incisions are so small you can barely see them. His foot is no longer clubbed.

"How did the surgery go?" I ask her.

"It went well. We removed the scar tissue, and removed that rib as well," My aunt says as she sits down on the floor with me, then smiles at me. "You know, he's already woken up once."

"Really, for how long?" I ask her.

"Oh, just long enough for him to shift back to wolf form, walk over and poop on the puppy pads we had laid down for him, walk back to his blanket, and fall asleep again," she replies. I smile as I imagine the scene in my mind.

I look back over towards Luka and see something on his right ear. I shift.

"What's wrong?" My aunt asks, as she looks at me.

"Luka's got a bit of dried blood on his left ear," I whine slightly, as I walk slowly over towards him.

I walk over towards Luka's head area and lick his ear gently. Suddenly, I feel Luka shift his head, it startles me but once I see Luka roll over onto his stomach, I relax. I shift back before Luka opens his eyes, those deep, rich honey colored eyes that I've already come to love so much.