Chapter 11 So Dark

I'd Like to dedicate this chapter to Humfrey_Mahikan, who was the closest to getting all of the rhetorical questions at the end of the last chapter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Previously, on His Alpha Her Omega

Once I step inside, the elevator doors close, I look down at Luka. He yawns, and his eyes are halfway closed. "Looks like you're going to be on the next train to dream land soon, baby," I say. Then the elevator doors open, and I step onto the second floor.

When I walk into my bedroom and lay him down. Luka practically melts into the bed. I smile and cover him up. "Alright, you go to sleep, and I'll be here when you wake up in the morning," I whisper soothingly, as I give him a peck on the forehead. Luka rolls over closer to my side of the bed. I walk over to my side of the bed. I then take my shoes off and swing my legs into bed. As I roll over and watch Luka's sleeping form, I can't help but think of what happened when he went to the Bath House. I am going to kill those Betas, I think to myself. Then I drift off for a peaceful sleep with Luka.

Or, so I thought.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Luka's P.O.V

I'm in a dark room. It's so dark I can't even see anything in front of my face. I try moving my left hand, but all I get is a slight jingling sound. I try again with my right hand, but with the same result. Then a scent enters my nose. I wrinkle my nose. It is not just a scent, but the scent that I hate more than anything in the whole world. The scent of bleach.

Suddenly the lights come on and I now realize where I am. It is my worst nightmare. I'm bound by four chains, two holding my wrists and two holding my ankles. I don't bother looking down at myself, for I know I'm bare. I look ahead and see a faceless man with a small cart, on it is a container of bleach. The man starts to walk over towards me, he's hiding something behind his back, I look away. The man doesn't need a face. I know who he is, or rather I know what he's going to do.

"Hey, Pup," I hear the man's voice say, his voice sounds like fingernails scraping on a chalkboard. I slowly raise my head. "I know what you want," he says, shaking the bleach. I taste bile. "But to get it, you know you'll have to get through this first." The man puts the bleach back on the cart and pulls a belt from behind his back, I begin to whimper and lower my head. That's not just any belt. That's a silver laced belt, and he's going to use it on me.

As I watch the man walk behind me, I have just one thought on my mind. Where's Sophie? Or was that just a dream? Am I still trapped in this nightmare? I hear the man come around to my back, I close my eyes and wait for the pain that I know will follow...

I wake with a loud scream and sit up on the side of the bed, my heart beating inside my chest.

***

Sophie's P.O.V

I am startled by a sound that sounds like my alarm. I look at my alarm clock over on my bedside table. It says 1:30AM. I then look to the right towards my bedroom window, and it's still dark outside. Then I hear it again. I look next to me. Luka's sitting up on the side of the bed, breathing heavily, and staring at the wall. The sound I thought was my alarm was actually Luka screaming. Wait. He's screaming? why is he screaming? I ask myself as I get off the bed and run over to the other side.