Chapter 23 Kiss and Tell

Previously, on His Alpha Her Omega

"Whoa, whoa Sophie, I was just kidding." Elliot whines and bows his body in respect.

"You better have been," I grumble under my breath. I let Luka enjoy his deer leg alone and walk over towards the carcass. Elliot gets up and follows. I choose to eat around the middle back of the deer, so that I can see the other side of the river, while Elliot chooses the belly.

I take one last look over to the other side of the river to start eating, as I bend down the fur along my back stands up on end, I would've sworn I saw a gray wolf's face peering out from the green trees. I look back up, but see nothing. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's now been three weeks since Luka started attack training with my uncle, and he's been improving ever since. On the first day, we managed to figure out another reason why Luka couldn't attack my uncle the first few times. My uncle looked like a giant wolf from Luka's point of view, so he got overwhelmed. We got Elliot to help us. He's now the one who actually charges and plays attack with Luka, while my uncle just watches from the side of the arena and tells him what to do every now and again. As for his mind link and wolf control skills, my uncle has entrusted me to take Luka out to the meadow every day to practice.

When it comes to mind linking, Luka has it all down. He can practically do it without thinking. Sometimes, when I'm in my office doing work, Luka will link me and say something like, 'Hey, Sophie, what are you doing?' or 'Can I come and be there with you?,' and I'll always reply, "I'm doing good,' or 'Sure you can, why do you always ask?'

Wolf control is another story. Luka will start to let his wolf take control, with his eyes changing color and all, but he hasn't let his wolf take emotional control yet, which is the next big step for him to take. But the time will come.

Keith and Cody are still grounded from patrols and are still working at Den House. Cody loves it because his mate Heather lives and works there. They cook, clean, and help the pups with anything and everything they need.

His big brother, Keith, however, hates it. He says it's the most boring job ever. He even asked for his old job back, which I rejected, as I somehow doubt he's learned his lesson yet. Luka likes it because when they go home from work they are both too tired to do anything else, Cody takes Heather home with him and they crash in his room, while Keith goes to his room and crashes.

Right now I'm at the sink, cleaning up the dishes after Luka and I have just finished a batch of my famous garlic bread, made from the French bread from the last full moon a few weeks ago. For once I'm happy that Luka's sitting down on the couch and looking away from the kitchen, so that he doesn't see me rub the sleepiness from my tired eyes. For some reason Luka has been waking me up at seven o'clock in the morning, every morning, for two weeks straight. I don't mind it, but then I have work afterwards which leaves me super tired by noon.

Suddenly a pure and sweet voice cuts through my thoughts like butter.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" Luka asks.

"Sure, what is it?" I look up towards the couch to see Luka looking over the back of the couch towards me.

"Is Sophie your full name, or is it short for something else?"

"What makes you ask that?" I lower my head slightly.

Luka doesn't answer, instead he taps the pendant on that necklace that he still has around his neck and then he points towards me. I look down at the necklace I have around my neck, that I just put on before Luka and I went for our morning run. It's a simple 10 karat gold chain, with a custom-made charm with the letters S.J. on it. I don't wear this necklace often, just every year on this very day. I smile at him.