Chapter 36 New Alpha and New Confessions

Previously, on His Alpha Her Omega 

"Have a good night. I love you, Aunt Sherry." I embrace her tightly.

"I love you too, Little Sophie." She plants a gentle kiss right between my eyes. "Hurry off to bed now."

When I walk back into Luka's room, I can see that there's some room on the left side of the bed. I put the bed rail down, pull the covers down, then I take a step back and shift. Once in wolf form, I walk over, climb onto Luka's bed, and snuggle up to him, then I turn my head and lick his cheek.

It feels so good to have my mate back, I think to myself, as I fall asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up to a dull blue light coming through the hospital room window. Realizing that I'm back in human form, I look to my side to find Luka still fast asleep.

The hospital room is plain and bare, with white walls, overly clean white floors and only a few chairs and a cot to sleep on.

Luka's going to get bored out of his mind. I wish there was something that I can do too cheer him up.

Another thought makes its way into my mind. I quietly scoot off the bed, land on my feet, and walk out of the room, but as I go by the waiting room I see Elliot sleeping in one of the chairs. His body's slumped over, and his head's resting on the back right corner of the chair. Did he stay here all night?

I lightly tap his arm. "Elliot. Elliot." His eyes fly open.

"Good morning, Sophie. How's Luka doing?"

"He's doing well. He's resting now."

"Really? Can I see him?"

I think about it for a moment. "When I get back." I turn around and exit the room as quickly as I came.

"Wait. Sophie, where are you going?" Elliot gets up from his chair and follows.

"Home. I have a gift for Luka there which I need to get."

"Don't you mean you want to go fetch it?" he asks playfully, smiling and chuckling slightly.

I laugh. "Very funny, Elliot. Very funny." I turn around and punch him on the shoulder. "I'll see you when I get back."

"I'll be here waiting for you." Elliot tells me, as he goes back to the waiting room and sits back down.

Since I'm not that far from my house, I decide to jog in human form rather than shift. I jog at an easy pace because I know for a fact that my target will still be there when I get home. It's good weather for exercise, I think to myself, as I run down the road.

As I go up to my front door I turn my head and look out towards the front yard. My Alpha eyes kick in, focusing on Keith and Cody's parents. I can see Dan standing out on the porch sipping a mug of something, while Emily is pacing back and forth through the door, which has been left slightly ajar.

My eyes return to normal. Seeing them now makes my blood boil. What they did to Luka was bad enough, but the fact that Keith and Cody were being forced to commit those punishments makes it even worse. I have to deal with them soon, I think to myself, as I open the front door and hurry up to the bedroom.

I know what I'm looking for. I get down on my hands and knees, and look under the bed. It takes me about a minute before I find my target. I gently pull out the cardboard box, and blow six years of dust off. It hasn't moved for six years. After all, it wasn't supposed to be moved or unboxed until I found my mate. I get back up. On the way out, I grab a fresh change of clothes.