Chapter 38 The Decision

Previously, on His Alpha Her Omega   

"Killing them would be too easy. They both deserve to live with their actions, just like I'm going to have to live with mine," Cody tells me over the mind link, breathing heavily. I nod.

I turn towards my Uncle. "Hey, are you okay?"

"Little Sophie, that was nothing this old wolf couldn't handle" He chuckles, with a wolfie grin. "Well. I think I should go with them. That way, it'll be three on two instead of two on two if something does go wrong."

"Go for it," I yelp.

"Thanks Little Sophie, I'll be back in a little bit." He runs off to join the others.

Keith and I turn around and head back towards the hospital.

----------------------------------------------------------

When I walk back into Luka's room, I find Elliot and Heather sitting together, just talking about random things. I look over towards where Grandpa was standing the last time I saw him, but he isn't there. He must've gone home. I walk over to the tray that's still at the foot of Luka's bed, grab the pair of clothes that I brought with me from home, and walk into the bathroom, closing the door behind me.

I decide to change my clothes now rather than later. I need to be with Luka at all times during his recovery, and the last thing I want is for him to see me in my old, dirty, and stinky clothes.

As I take off my clothes, I start to think about Grandpa and how happy he was when he found out that Luka was my mate, and then the hairs on the back of my neck stand up on end. My Grandpa couldn't help Luka because of a law that meant the only thing he could do was give Luka the hose pipe to use once a week. I'm not the one who made that law, but now I will do everything in my power to get rid of it, even if it's the last thing I do.

By now I've got my pair of blue jeans over my feet. As I start to pull them up my nose catches the scent of fresh honey. Excitement pulses through my veins. I run my hand through my blond hair and look in the mirror one last time. I turn around and walk out.

I walk out of the bathroom just in time to see Luka's bed coming through the doorway. As Shelby locks the bed back into place, I can see my aunt obeyed my request and left the wounds on Luka's knees unwrapped.

Aunt Sherry peeks into the bathroom. "I can take those home, and put them through the washer and dryer for you, Sophie," she says, pointing to my pile of dirty clothes that I left on the bathroom floor.

"Thanks, that would be great, Aunt Sherry."

I look up at Luka. He's just lying there staring at me with a big smirk on his face, like he's just had the best time ever. "Is he high on pain killers again?"

"Yes, but they won't make him sleepy. If anything, they'll only take his pain away." She picks up the clothes in the bathroom. "Mind link me if you need anything. Shelby will help you while I'm gone." She leaves.

"Shelby, would you mind getting the coconut oil for me please?" I ask.

"Sure," Shelby replies.

I look over to see the medical supplies that my Aunt left for me to use. There's a simple roll of gauze, tape, and a box of latex gloves. I slip on a pair, before climbing onto Luka's bed.

I smell Cody as he enters the room, practically out of breath. "We've chased them over the pack border, they're never coming back."

I look over towards Heather. "Heather. Would you mind spending some alone time with your mate? I think he's earned it."