Chapter 6

I BELIEVED IN TWO THINGS.

ONE. LIFE IS A BITCH.

TWO. LIFE WAS FUCKING UNFAIR.

With those two thoughts clouding my mind, I managed to eat a few bites of my mackerel sandwich, and then stopped. I didn't have an appetite anymore. The earlier scene with Alex Blake caused me to shudder and even though I absolutely hate to admit this, I feel bad for him. What kind of a person feels bad for his/her bully?Good naïve person with a very big heart.

Chloe Stylinson gave a glance as she walked by me, followed by her boyfriend of three days. There were rumours going on last year that Chloe's father and her boyfriend's father were dating or at least her father was definitely not a straight person---he was seen by the town's gossipers on many dates accompanied by male friend, but since Chloe's mother got back together with him the rumours quickly vanished.

NOTE: YOU HAVE YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE SUBJECT NEXT. TRY TO CHEER UP.

Chemistry was my favourite subject, I remember studying the periodic table when I was just eight because I was obsessed with atoms and elements related to Chemistry. And then English Literature, I was officially a bookworm when I first discovered Harry Potter series and re-read it for as many times as possible. Math? I sucked at it.

1+1=4

Another joke written on the board by lame students caused a long with to escape. It was like a unsaid rule to intentionally miss the addition of two easy and simple numbers to make a joke. It wasn't funny. I hope they come to realise that they're lame and boring seniors.

It's going to be a long day, I mentally thought as I stared at my surroundings. I was too deep in thoughts that I haven't realized the other half of the seats were already seated and the teacher was just about to step in.

"Good afternoon, students. Today we'll start with a new lesson."

"Ya, hey ya." I felt someone poke my back, I turned around to see Jack Edward, the tattooed boy, holding a piece of paper out for me."This is for you."

It read:

Mirrors can't talk, luckily for you they can't laugh either

I knew exactly who wrote this.

I wrote back:

Why don't you slip into something more comfortable, like a coma?

And told Jack - the tattooed boy to give it back to the owner.

If sadness was expressed with tears, I'd cry a river.

°°°

I received a couple of insults in between the periods, but I have gotten used to this; this feeling, this sadness.

But of course the jerk of the jerks- aka Chloe's boyfriend- didn't fail to make my heart break all over again.

Our conversation went like this;

"Hey you! How's your mummy?" He had smirked, his evil eyes burning into mine.

I hope you trip over a banana peel and break your front tooth. I hope you get constipated for weeks. Why can't anyone understand that I'm still not over her death, why can't anyone understand that whenever they mention her death, my heart breaks all over again?

"Is stupid being a profession or are you just gifted?" I raised an eyebrow, a smirk tugging on my lips," 'cause my mum's dead you fool."

"You and your comebacks, do you get them from Google or something?"