Chapter 17

*hands you a tissue*
°°°°°°°

Every human walks around with a certain kind of sadness. They may not wear it on their sleeves, but it's there if you look deep.

Alex grabbed my wrist roughly, and was dragging me away an unknown location. My kicking and screaming didn't faze him one bit. It was futile.

I was then pushed toward a room, which I've recognised as the janitor's room.

Then, in a rage attack, he hit my stomach and my sides, each time harder than the first. The air is now thick with a peppery smell, then as he return upright he starts all ever again. And with each punch, the air becomes a blizzard, and I wanted to shout, but somehow words couldn't form, and even if they did, they would be useless.

The pain pulsed through my body, streaming through my veins, an electric burning sensation that ate at my flesh.

I tried to focus on the walls, but it was no use.

"Stop, " I managed to say, noticing how weak my voice sounded.

With a blank face, he smirked,"And why shall I?"

"You're hurting me. "

He was like a monster, I felt disgusted.

"Congratulation idiot. "

I thought he had changed, I thought he said he regrets everything he had done. A million things spun through my brain on what I could say, on how to to describe his devil self. A million voices in my head screaming out to yell at him, insult him, instead of just laying there, weakly, deliriously.

Bullies may be the perpetrators of evil, but it is the evil of passivity of all those who know what is happening and never intervene that perpetuates such abuse.

The four walls of this room crowded me like a prison. I still felt nervous and fevered, but a lot less scared than I had earlier.

"You said you regret bullying me, huh? "

As if he has just woken up from a nightmare, Alex ran a hand through his hair, and took a tentative steps backward.

And before I could blink, I was left alone, staring at the ceiling, battling angrily with the tears I would never allow to fall.

I'm not weak, I reminded myself, I've dealt with something much worse. I can survive...

Perhaps these lies might work at the end.

"I've missed you mum," It was a very small, a mere whisper, but held a lot of emotions.

Sometimes pain is so unmanageable that the idea of spending another day with it seems impossible.

Deep inside where nothing's fine, I've lost my mind.

* * *

* *

"Where have you been? " Chloe snapped at me, her eyes focused on her painted fingernails.

"Chilling? Ya know."

"I can tell the teacher, you'd left, when he strictly directed his request on you. "

"Do you think I care?"

My body aching, my back is hurting, my head is throbbing me, my eyes hurt.

I quickly made my way to the bathroom, and splashed cold water on my face, and at that moment I really wished I was dead.

And I in the first time in forever, I cried. Breathing is hard. When you cry so much, it makes you realize that breathing is hard.

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love.

I am utterly depressed, and lonely.

Depression, my least favorite feeling.
It is like a heaviness that you can't ever escape. It crushes down on you, making even the smallest things like tying your shoes or chewing on toast seem like a twenty-mile hike uphill. Depression is a part of you; it's in your bones and your blood.

* * *
* *

I heard a soft voice calling my name, "Hey, Angel. "

"I'm Bea, remember me? The girl with wild curly? Freckles?"

I wanted to kill someone and I wanted to die and I wanted to run as far and as fast as I could because she was never coming back. My mum was never coming back.

Can you please back off? I'm not in the mood. I shook my head "No, sorry. "

"Article about bullying, rings any bell?"

"Oh, yeah, I remember."

"What's your answer?"

Oh no.

2016

-what's your goal for 2016?

I really wish this story will gain 50k reads.

-describing bulling from your point of view.