Chapter 18

* * * *

* * * *

"I thought about it, and the answer is yes."

A small was forming onto her lips, " I promise you won't regret. "

" "

I nodded, sometimes, you gotta pretend everything is okay.

"I heard that the teacher is sick, that sucks we won't get to explore the place, but I've also heard that the guys are to make a small party,"

I nodded again, this girl was too slow, she couldn't understand that I don't want to talk, I was too tired to barely walk.

"Do you want to join us?"

"I'll think about it,"

"I've also heard that something happened to Alex Blake," She looked at me with considerable worry. "Did he hurt you? " she whispered the last part.

I took a deep breathe and nodded, I'm hiding what I'm feeling but I'm tired of holding this inside of my head.

Her eyes widened, she pulled me into a hug, I try not to feel pathetic about myself. Silent tears started streaming down my cheeks, I haven't hugged someone for a long time, it felt good.

Tears are words that need to be written.

The worst time of crying wasn't the kind everyone could see--the wailing on street corners, the tearing at clothes. No, the worst kind happened when your soul wept and no matter what you did, there was no way to comfort it. A section withered and became a scar on the part of your soul that survived.

"It's alright Angel, you're stronger than this," She rubbed my back gently, matched my distress wuth calming. "Alex is an arsehole, I'd kill him with a heartbeat if I could."

And I've decided I like this girl.

"Me too, me too."

"Does it hurt?" Her eyes filled with me, stared at me for a moment.

"Hurts like shit. " I confirmed.

"Let's go to my room, I have some panadol."

I nodded and thanked her.

¤ ¤ ¤

¤ ¤

I was now laying on Bea's bed, eyes closed, feeling like I'm alive, not just a body walking, I had someone that cared about me, it was the best feeling ever.

I've realized how pathetic that sounded in my head. I was pathetic.

"Do you want to go to the party? " Bea asked, after she'd brought me painkillers.

"Not in the mood," I commented.

"Such a shame, it's at midnight, and it's, " She glanced at her phone for a moment, "still six, you've got a time to rest, I'd drag you otherwise."

I smiled, my first real one from a long time. "Where's your roommate?"

"She'd went to check on the teacher,"

"That's uh good."

"I know, I don't like him too," Bea giggled so much that she gasped for breathe afterwards. "Oh sorry, I tend to laugh at the stupidest things."

I laughed, "it's okay."

"So tell me about your life,"

"Nothing interesting about it, trust me." I sighed, straightening up.

"When did Alex first start bullying you?" Bea asked curiousty, her large eyes focused on me.

This was going to be a long day, I thought.

¤ ¤ ¤

¤ ¤ ¤

"You look more gorgeous if that is even possible." Bea dreamily sighed as she added lipstick the color of ripe nectarines to my pursed lips.

She kept nagging to make my make-up, eventually I agreed. I never wore that large of amount of make-up in my entire life.

She had added a little eyeliner and a smoky eye shadow, and foundation to cover the eye bags that were already forming under my brown eyes.

I stared at the new figure infront of me, I didn't look that different, but it was noticable. My zombie-like- face had turned into a normal face, I didn't feel the need to close my eyes whenever I stared at my reflection.

I was already in a deep burgundy sweater and jeans.

I hugged Bea, my new friend, and murmured a little but meaningful thank you.

¤ ¤ ¤

We were now in a one of the guys' room, there weren't many people in here, but it made me feel out of place.

"Angel, I'm going to talk to my boyfriend, alright? Try to ...enjoy," she whispered as she began giving her boyfriend, I assume, googly eyes.

I nodded, I shouldn't have came, I don't belong here.

You know you made a bad choice at the last moment.

As I walked out of the room toward the balcony, I couldn't help but feel like I was in heaven. The view was simply breathetaking.

"Why can't I have a normal life?" a very familiar yet strange voice whispered, a hiccup follows, that person was drunk, I've realized, but I can't miss the hoarse sound of the voice that showed pain, and many other emotions.

Maybe I wasn't the only person who had too many problems after all.

°°
Who do you think it is ;)

Hope you liked it,

Vote if you think this chapter was good! And comment your thoughts I'd love to read them.

Who's interested in a unique romance story? Check my story "Stuck in Black and White". Thank you.

All the love as always

-H