Chapter 20

a/n It's been a while, I miss y'all

After I've recovered from a few moments later, I barely managed to speak above a whisper, "Alex gets abused?"

I thought it was a family issue, perhaps he doesn't get enough attention at home, or his parents barely see him, or his parents are the type that focuses their whole attention on work instead of their own son. Everything was possible, but I would have never guessed that he was bullied.

His eyes widened slightly at the sound of my voice, "I'm so stupid, I promised him not to tell anyone, I'm so stupid."

As realization hit me, my heart flipped over my chest, missing a beat, "Wait a second, you're Alex's best friend, right?"

He nodded.

Oh shit, oh shit.

"Why haven't you mentioned this before?" I asked, a hint of anger in my voice.

Truth was I was still in shock, I never expected Alex to feel what I am going through, the sickening feel, the cold judging eyes. At one point, you'll get used to it, but at then your soul will be dead, your body will be numb, and it's harder than death itself.

Physical abuse is the infliction of injury by another person. Physical abuse can happen to both children and adults of either gender and of any sexual orientation. The injuries can be inflicted by punching, kicking, biting, burning, beating, or use of a weapon such as a baseball bat or knife. Physical abuse can result in bruises, burns, poisoning, broken bones, and internal hemorrhages.

The scars from mental cruelty can be as deep and long-lasting as wounds from punches or slaps but are often not as obvious. In fact, even among women who have experienced violence from a partner, half or more report that the man's emotional abuse is what is causing them the greatest harm.

"For how long?"

"I've recently known," His answer was short yet it held something deep, very deep.

I opened my mouth, but my throat was so dry and constricted that no words came out.

"Please don't tell him a thing, or he'd kill me in a heartbeat."

I don't doubt that, I wanted to speak, instead I murmured a little I promise.

"It's been a pleasure meeting you, it really is, and I'm sorry to hear about your dad, I hope it gets better. Thank you for listening too, I wish you'd remember me, it's nice to have a friend at least." The sound of my voice saying these things drove my depression even deeper, "and I assure you what you've said about Alex was definitely not a mistake, in fact, I'm glad you told me."

"I assure you too that I would never forget such a pretty face," He promised as he pulled me into his arms and hugged me so tightly, which nearly crushed my ribs.

I couldn't help but smile at his words, but at the end of the day I know what will happen.

"Alex wasn't that bad, trust me, he was the sweetest boy you'd ever meet, it was almost unbelievable to know he had changed into a monster."

Flashback

"Alexie," the little girl giggled and squealed in babyish delight as he tickled her.

Breathless, she managed to kiss his chin causing him to stop, eyes widening. "Did you just kiss my... chin?"

They were five at that age, innocence that much ought to have been a crime, and was rarely found these days, maybe it wasn't a genuine kiss, yet at that age it was something a great deal or even more.

The little girl smirked playfully, " I guess I just did."

《I》 《A》 《M》 《H》《I》 《S》 《P》 《U》 《N》 《C》 《H》 《B》《A》 《G》

"I'm sorry," I muttered as I bumped into someone, I looked up into the unmistakable face of Alex Blake. The boy who, similar to me, gets abused.

"Long time no see, Alexie." I smiled briefly at him, it was fake if that wasn't so obvious. "I hope you aren't too tired after beating me?"

"I'm not in the mood for your childness. Move." He glared at me, and I saw the anger flaming within his eyes. His jaw clenched as he balled his fists.

"Oh, what else, my majesty?" I sarcasticly said with a smile.

"Sometimes I wish I could kill you, but I don't like wasting my time on someone like you." With that, he left.

And here I was, trying to be slightly good toward him, but I should've known he wasn't worth it. In fact, no one was worth it.

Because I know how bad it hurts.

Usually, people think that I'm a strong, happy person..but behind my smiles they just don't know how much I'm in pain and broken..

No one will ever know the pain I feel inside.