Chapter 8

"I would rather be a little nobody than to be an evil somebody."- Unknown

**
'Stop staring at me, you're making me blush' A.B

I let out a silent laugh at his accusation. I wasn't staring at him, I was just simply looking, wondering, questioning. Staring at someone meant you're interested enough to observe them. I wasn't.

I had questions that always filled my mind. I've wondered helplessly for the past few years about the boy---that was once upon a time someone I considered a close friend---and the person he had now turned into. He had been once upon a time a person I trusted like my own shadow, someone I knew would always stand by my side and somewhere along these blurred lines, he betrayed me.

Two kids that had been inseparable turned into blurred souls that no longer existed together. All these memories, dreams and secrets that we built and shared together growing up were meaningless and hollow. And sometimes I wonder what happened in the missing chapters that I wasn't a part of. What turned the child full of life into a monster we were afraid of when we were kids?

I was trying a little experiment I saw earlier somewhere. Looking at someone you loathe for a few seconds can actually kill them. Unfortunately, in my case, you're still alive :(

"Can you stop acting like middle school kids?!" The teacher's voice yelled and pounded on the table with his fist, causing a few students to jump in shock; his face was twisted in rage and his nose wrinkled in anger. "Silence!"

Are university students like highschool students? Are they also in the kids zone? Do they never grow up and start acting in a human manner?

They say no matter how much you think you hate high school, you'll always miss it when you leave. The idea of possibly missing school was bizarre and laughable. The minute I step out of the school gates, I'd be free of the torture I've been a part of for years. All the insults, bullying and hatred that I've constanly faced. Just one year, I reminded myself. One year and I'll be out forever.

"If you keep acting like kids, I will cancel your trip." The second he uttered the word 'trip', stunned silence filled the class and their eyes filled with excitement.

Our school wasn't exactly known for making trips for students. We didn't have activities that we could join to fill in our free time or to free ourselves from stress. Its building and professional teachers were the only thing that made this school stand out, but the lack of activities made it extremely monotonous.

"The principal wants to reward you with this trip after the good results you had, well, except for a few. And since this year is your last year, it's a reward to enjoy the experience to its fullest."

Last year. Those two words were enough to plaster a smile on my face.

"When is it?"

After a glance at the paper placed on his table, the teacher replied,"five days from today,"

A sudden thought occurred to my mind, going on a trip meant getting away from David and his torture. Is this a dream? No David?

I raised my hand for permission to speak and when the teacher nodded, I spoke,"how long will we be there?"

"For three days," he answered,"but you need your parents' approval first."

"What if I don't have any parent?" I smiled innocently, my thoughts back to that vermin in the house.