Chapter 9

chapter 9

My body screamed in pain, and my head throbbed in pain. A slow hiss escaped my mouth as I slowly moved, another string of sharp pain ran up my spine. I avoided staring at the ugliness of the aftermath as my legs barely moved to get away. To forget about this. Pretend this never happened. Like every single time. I winced as I took each step; my body felt like I had been thrown from the highest building and my lips tasted like metal. I felt lifeless, dead, and numb.

Had I been just used as a punching bag or had it been just another sick nightmare reminding me to get the fuck out of here?

I took slow and cautious steps to the kitchen. Luckily, the first-aid kit hadn't grown legs from the last time I had to use them and were in a cupboard. With the first-aid kit in one hand, I grabbed a pack of frozen peas to apply them on my bruises. After losing my mother, I had to learn how to make bruises disappear overnight, or, at least become less visible so I'd be able to blend with the crowd and become invisible.

If there's one lesson life taught me after I lost my mother is, you're your own fucking hero. No one will dramatically save your life and turn your whole life upside down. The only person who can change the major events and downfalls is you.

Soon, a little voice reminded me. Soon it'll be over like it never happened.

The pain grew with each step thatI took up the stairs. I could hear it, I could hear the voice in the back of my head reminding me of the pathetic memories that I had with my stepfather before my mother's death. And as much as how absurd it now sounds, we were a happy family.

Shaky breathes fell from my mouth as I tried to hold the sobs threatening my respiratory system. I grabbed my phone from where I had put it before, turning the loudest volume I had before jamming the earphones to my ears and cranking the volume to full blast.

I shoved down every thought of the damage that this could possibly cause and stripped off my hoodie. I grabbed a tweezer and slowly began plucking the tiny glasses that I could see. Biting my lips in pain until I could feel the metal taste of blood, I cleaned the cut and applied an
antibiotic ointment to the infected area. The throbbing pain shot through my body as I covered the cuts with bandages.

I pressed the frozen peas against my swelling and red bruises on my ribs and stomach that'll soon turn into another ugly colour that I started to loathe - - purple.

And yet, no one told me the emotional pain would be much worse than the physical pain. Bruises, cuts and wounds would eventually fade as if they never existed. But the mental suffering and emotional pain? Those don't fade, they remain like an invisible scar as a reminder of all the torture and abuse.

And the funny thing? It's alot easier to deal with physical pain than it is to deal with emotional pain.

My head was spinning, and by the time I fell asleep, it was already three in the morning.

**

The time read 6:45 a.m and as much as I wanted to lay on my bed and avoid the outside world, I didn't want another repeat of yesterday. It's only a matter of time before my unconscious and bruised body would be taken to the ER for a broken rib.

And the only thing I'd be worried about then? My ruined plan.

**

I decided to skip school today. I didn't want to risk looking at my reflection in the mirror, the broken and lost version of myself. A person who's too damaged and helpless for this world. And despite the fact that no one would be able to see my bruises, I did. And let me tell you one thing, they fucking suck.

Spending the entire day in my room wasn't exactly fun. After reading the word of the paragraph I simply stared at the saddening words : THE END. This book left me speechless, made my hormones fangirl. This book left me engrossed for the duration of the month, and I've managed to complete it in a couple if hours.

Who knew a book could drastically change your mood?

"Angel! " A voice broke my chain of thoughts and I had to blink to remember where the hell I am.

"Angel!" she repeated once more and I could sense the anger in her tone.

That woman. Can't she take a fucking hint?

"Uh, yes?"

She definitely wants to kick me out of this house. Or demand to make breakfast. Or even drop the bomb that she's pregnant. Or probably t-

"Come here, hun. I missed you." She said with a large grin before engulfing me into a bone-crushing hug.*

Wait, what?

"Oh."

"Why are you home, are you sick?" Her eyes widened, and quickly placed her hands on my forehead."No fever..."

"I'm fine. Thanks for asking."

"She's a spoiled princess and I let her get away with it. " David said with a chuckle, kissing her cheek as she stared at him in a loving gaze. If only she knew.

"What he just said. I'm a spoiled princess. A daddy's girl. Can a girl ask for more?" I retorted sarcastically, but Melissa's grin said she believed every word I uttered.

"You're both so lucky to have each other."

If only she knew.

"There's someone here for you, sweetheart." David said, and if it weren't for his glare set on me, I would've thought he was directing this sentence to Melissa.

As my eyes met the so-called vistor, I let out a shriek followed by an angry curse.

"Hey, Angel." Alex freakin' Blake greeted, a smirk tugging on his lips.

What the fuck?!

hey all

question : Favorite show?

Currently watching Community and I'm in love with Troy and Abed

Do you have any book that made you forget about reality completely?

PLEASE SEND YOUR EDITS FOR THIS STORY