Chapter 15

Staring nervously back at him, my heart rate stopped, I felt almost dead. Is this how people feel before they die?

I gulped, my heart beats began to beat vigorously along with my nerves as I remembered my step-dad. He stepped forward. It was like a flashback. A very painful yet unforgettable one.

His hand rose above his head, before his metal fingers could make contact with my cheek, a hand prevented it. It wasn't mine, because I was too shocked to do anything.

"Aren't you ashamed of hitting a girl?" It was Alex. So ironic, and funny coming out from him. I snorted.

"Look who's talking," His voice was mocking me.

"I'm a bully, I know, I've bullied her, and I regret it. Do you think I give a shit whether you're my teacher or not?" He spoke, his eyes were like the black sockets of the dead. His eyes held so many emotions all at once, gasps -including mine- were heard. Shocked was an understandment.

"I don't want to get in trouble, young man. Stop testing my temper. And everyone mind your own business."

"Sir, I guess you know who's my dad, am I right?"

Realization hit him, he nodded, "Good,"

All I could think of right now is, it's gonna be a hella awkward trip.

°

Later that day, I've thanked Alex for what he had done earlier, he just shrugged and said "This is just the start."

Whatever that means.

He also commented on how much he hates the teacher. I just nodded awkwardly, and went back to my room. I didn't dare to bring up what he had said, I couldn't.

○○

I had made sure to take a bath before Chloe did- just in case-just soaking in it made me relax. Chloe didn't the situation any better, she'd always comment now and then on how much of a bitch I am. And I'd reply by, "Being a bitch is like an art, not a lot are good at it."

She even called her little minions to come to 'her' room. I snorted.

"What's this girl doing in here?" When of them asked, her voice laced with disgust.

"It's my room, what are you doing in here?" I mimicked her, raising an eyebrow.

"I came to visit Chloe."

Instead of answering, I just rolled my eyes, and jumped out of bed, making my downstairs and out into the garden. It was probably after midnight. The old teacher is asleep for sure, probably snoring loudly too.

Someone was sitting on the swing, I froze. A hoodie covered his head preventing me from seeing his face. I sat on the the swing. Silence captivated us, he was so still as if he hadn't noticed me there. I kept looking at my breath.

It was the longest a couple of minutes of my life, I decided to speak, "Um Hello?"

He whirled at the sound and stared at me from underneath his hoodie. "Angel?"

"Alexie?"

"What are you doing here?" I asked, staring at the dirt infront me.

"Chloe and her little minions are having a sleepover." I said, shuddering at the thought.

He laughed, I laughed too. "Poor Angel,"

"Yeah, poor Angel."

Silence follows.

I sighed.

"Do you mean what you had said earlier?" I asked, my heart beating violently, somewhat scared of the answer.

"Which part?"

"That you regret bullying me, do you?"

He stared at me for a second, before answering, " Being a bully is one of the worst mistake I've done in my life. I admit it. I went throw a lot of shit in my life, I couldn't express my feelings, except by bullying," He took in a deep breathe,"You were nice and small, I've realized the common mistake that bullies make is assuming that because someone is nice that he or she is weak. Those traits have nothing to do with each other."

"We were friends."

"I know, this was like a couple of years ago, I still remember the green dress you wore at school, I made fun of you, and you kicked me. Nice memories." He chuckled.

"So yes I regret bullying you."

"Do you think I'll forgive you? Do you think I'll just smile at you?" When I saw his expression I angrily snapped, " No, Alex Blake, I won't ever forgive you. And I won't be your punchbag anymore."

I stood up quickly, and pressed the up elevator button. I was lucky I had remembered to bring the room key along with me.

As the elevator went up I couldn't help but think. Am I really  a bad  person? Do I deserve everything I am going through?

I need a break from the loneliness that is totally consuming me. Sometimes the best think you can do is not think, not wonder not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe and have faith that everytime will work out for the best.

°°

Guess who had just updated yup that's right it's me ;)