Chapter 11

" Some people still can't differentiate the difference between a fake smile and a real one. "

°°

They say a broken heart is the hardest to heal.

It could be different types of heartbreak, probably a lover cheating, a parent leaving, or even a death of a loved one.

I sat on my bed, staring at the ceiling and unconsciously counting the small boxes. I felt numb yet it didn't hurt anymore, I didn't feel any pain. I was used to it.

I don't know which one hurts more, to feel so hurt or to feel numb.

I didn't know when exactly I felt asleep, leaving the scary world behind me, and living my dream for a couple of hours.

One of the worst feelings is to dream about something you adore so much, it almost feels so real, and then bam you wake up.

It sucks.

It really does.

"Hey mum."

"Hello my sweet baby, how are you? You're hurting so much, it's hurting me."

"Don't worry mum. I cam survive." I said in a whisper, finding it hard to believe my own words.

"I wish I didn't die, I can see you from up there." she stared at the sky for a moment, " I wish I didn't marry that arsehole."

"Mum, how are you? I miss you so damn much." I cried, holding her hand.

"Death has its own way in life, it knows no age, and my time.... had came."

"I wish I could die,mum." I gasped for air," I want to be with you."

"NO!" she hissed, suddenly angry, " don't you dare commit suicide, or I swear on my soul I won't forgive you."

I want to say 'which soul' to ease the tension, but I stayed silent.

Breaking the silence I said,"It hurts."

"I know, baby girl, I know every damn thing, but it'll get better I promise." she kissed me on my forhead." You'll achieve your dream and I'll be right here clapping, and crying from my happiness."

I thought Angels can't swear.

"You're a broken Angel who needs her prince to fix her."

"I am independent."

"You are." my mum chucked.

"How could I survive his abusiveness?"

"Patience is the key."

I woke up sweating, it felt so damn real.

So real.

"Patience is the key."

These four words stuck in my head, like a clue to a riddle.

Patience. Weren't I patient enough?

Sighing, I looked at my phone- which was the oldest kind by the way.

It was 7:00 am.

shit.

double shit.

I quickly pulled a random shirt and jeans, and made the necessary stuff in the bathroom.

I could careless about my face right now, honestly, I don't understand how some girls have the time to apply make up to their face. But I understand, some are insecure, some want to hide their insecurities, some want to be confident.

Quickly unlocking the door, it won't unlock. What what what...

Frowning, I repeated this action several times, but it gave the same result.

So I did the only thing I could possibly think of know, shout.

Stupid, I know.

I started knocking like a mad woman, getting irritated.

I'm so going to get detention.

I said the next words that'll get him to open the door within few seconds,"OPEN YOU STUPID SHIT, FAT RAT. STUPID COW."

Still no response.

He wouldn't have done what I'm thinking about.

He won't dare.

Who am I lying to? Of course he would do that.

After getting tired for knocking too hard, I sat on the floor, my back to the door.

I thought of sneaking from the window, but it was locked.

That bastard. If I broke the window he'd probably kill the shit out of me.

I made a mental note to Kill that fatratard (ship name is now available).

Giving up, I went back to sleep.

Call me lazy or whatever, but I kind of wanted that nap.

Sleeping is just like eating, the best feeling on earth.

I woke up to the sound of someone yelling my name in a whisper, and pinching my back roughly.

"What the heck, Melissa?" I shouted, my eyes flickering to the person next to her.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" I snapped at Alex.

"Gee, calm down, Melissa told me that you aren't allowed to go to trip; she needed my help."

"You're my," I faked a cough," you know what, why are you helping me."

"Z," he stated, lamely.

"And he helped me to break the window's lock."

"Quickly Angel, pack your stuff, You're going to that trip." she exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air.

"THANK YOU! THANK YOU!" I repeated, pulling Melissa into a bone-crushing hug.

"Thanks." I whispered to Alex.

Maybe Bullies have a heart at the end? or not.

●●●●

HEY!!

What do you think of this story? hate it? like it? love it?